Toyota V12

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I love that pic of the Mclaren motor. The engine he used looks like the old V12 BMW engines the ones that are readily available on ebay. I think it was in the ealy 90's 7 series. That old V12 was similar to the M1 V12? I know for sure the heads would be nothing alike...possibly the block. What do you think? Thanks

i would'nt want this toyota V12

Low horsepower, low support, no parts, looks ugly and probably heavier than the good ol' UZ.

Except for the bling factor, i don,t see any benefits of owning one. And I agree that a freshly build 7M will take the smoothness challenge against the JZ. UZ is smooth at Idle, but not as much as the 7M's i,ve owned/own

makaveli200369 said:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I love that pic of the Mclaren motor. The engine he used looks like the old V12 BMW engines the ones that are readily available on ebay. I think it was in the ealy 90's 7 series. That old V12 was similar to the M1 V12? I know for sure the heads would be nothing alike...possibly the block. What do you think? Thanks
The eBay motors are 5.0l M70's or 5.4l M73's (same block, but longer stroke, and slightly bigger bore than the M70), and they're SOHC's. I own one of each of these.

The McLaren S70 motor was a BMW "M" development of the M70, and they managed to incorporate DOHC heads, along with some other neat stuff. This S70 motor also came in the very rare 850CSi BMW from '92 to '96.

I'm pretty sure the McLaren and 850CSi S70 motors share the same block as the M70 and M73, 'cause I know a fellow who punches the Alusil lining out of the M70 blocks, puts in cast iron sleeves, installs 850CSi cranks and gets 6.0 litres out of it.

What he hasn't been able to do is fit the M50 DOHC heads on it just yet, but if you have a spare $85,000 laying around, he'll be happy to do the first one.

I was too; finally gave up and bought the two BMW motors. Cheap, lots of good technology, and there's even parts available for them! (Mind you I didn't say "cheap" parts, just parts.....)

There's even a small fraternity of guys (and a girl!) who are modifying these things and sharing information.

just thought i'd bring this to attention. I am one of 2 guys in Australia putting a 1gzfe into a jza80 body. They are rare as we all know, but ner ner, i got lucky!!!!!

Pics will come as soon as she lands in syd from japan. I'll keep a thread in the general discussion forum updated as i go.

I was looking at the BMW motors, and figured to wait for a reasonable, late model engine with 4-valve heads would be the ticket.

If and when that will happen, who knows?

More v12 Pics

I thought I'd post some more pics of a Toyota v12 I came across this morning while visiting my favourite 2nd hand engine dealer. Here in South Africa it's price tag is R12,500 or roughly translated to $1500 dollars.

Have a nice day

Danny

More v12 Pics

(Lol) Nope, not going to buy it, don't have anything to put it in. Was actually in the process of buying a 1uz-fe when I stumbled onto the v12. You can't really see from the pics, but the engine is in GREAT condition.

Cheers

Danny

Hiya mate,
Has your 'friendly' wrecker got an email address? Reckon he would be willing to freight it to Australia? Gotta say i am kinda keen at that price.