Toyota Tundra won't start

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

speedaddict

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I know this board is dedicated to the 1UZ-FE but was hoping someone had experience with the tundra 2UZ-FE. I transplanted an entire tundra drivetrain and wiring harness into my 95 Toyota T-100. I purchased the motor 2 years ago from a wrecking yard that told me it was out of a 2004 acces cab (extra cab). Since then I have come across information suggesting it is possibly a 2001 1)fuse box is rectangular rather than an L shape, 2) there is a fuel send back on the fuel rail rather than built in on fuel pump. The motor will crank if I send current on the starter solenoid wire, but doesn’t seem to be getting fuel or spark. I don’t have the tundra ignition tube or key so I simply tried to hotwire the acc, start and starter wires. Out of the six wires I attempted to hotwire only one has voltage (.7 volts). There are two fatter gauge wires (white with red stripe 8 or 10 gauge) which I assume go to the sarter relay and the other 4 are for acc and start position? The one wire that has the .7 volt is one of the 4 smaller gauge wires (10 or 12 gauge). Does anybody have access or know where I can find a wiring diagram showing the starting layout? I also need to find out what year motor I have, I plan to call my local toyota dealer and see if the can tell me anything from the numbers on the ECU. If they can’t are there any other known differences between 2000 and 2004 2UZ-FE motors? The pic below is the truck the motor is in. [/font]

Nice t100... def a custom kit. How many inches of travel in the front?? 18? I miss my old tacoma, 15'' front and man it was a blast.. I just love those old school t100's baddass man. good luck w/ the tundra swap, looks promising.

like lextreme said theres alot fostuff needed to be cjecked

turn ignition on and test for

power to ecu injectors ignitors fuel pump

what u said above just sounds complicated

another thing is are u sure there is no security on the ecu

cause if there is security then u have to reprogram ecu if possible or u have to wire up the matching key and transponder to the ecu

not sure if yr the guy who posted something bout this conversion ages ago but sounds like u didnt do enough research

but first find out about the security cause if u dont sort that part out yr just wasting yr time doing other stuff

Sorry, I’ve been out of town the last couple of days.

Lextreme - Thanks for the link to the starter diagram, I assume its for a 1uz-fe?

Spf_lexus - Thanks for the compliment on the truck, it cycles 21 inches of travel up front and 30 in the rear. Long travel trucks are a blast to drive but end up swallowing every spare dollar you have.

Sideshow – Without a doubt I didn’t do enough reseach, I’m only 21 and this is my first motor swap. When I purchased the motor I tried to make it clear I needed every eletrical component and wire in the truck.

I gave the 10 digit number on the ECU to Toyota and they informed me it was from a late 2000 - early 2001 model.

I’m aware of the security device located in the ECU that talks with the original keys, I’m almost positive 2001 models were not equipped with the security key. If it is I have already located someone who can reprogram the ecu to open registry status. I plan to find out for sure about the security system tommorrow.

I’m not sure how to test current at the ECU or injectors? I have already checked for spark but since I don’t know which ignition wire is which, I’m shooting in the dark. I can’t hear the fuel pump turn on either.

Dont forget the Drive By Wire system also. Please let us know if you any diagrams of your engine. Good luck. By the way, I go to Temacula alot.

Nice pickup !!

Give us more pictures for the engine ..
If the ECU without security key .. every thing will be fine

Tacoma_Kyle – Thanks for the info.

Lextreme - 04 and older Tundras still had a throttle cable, but the butterfly in the throttle body is electronically controlled. Next time you are in Temecula and have spare time I would really appreciate you stopping by and taking a look at the wiring. I’m a welder by profession, so if you need anything TIG welded (steel or aluminum) I can return a favor. I completely understand if you are too busy.

mshawari1 – I will get a few engine pics tomorrow.

-David

motor pics

The cluster of wires next to the fuse box is a alot more organized than it looks.

The cluster and grey box that are zip tied to the tube are ABS plugs.

The 4 individual wires and push button starter are acc, start and starter motor wires. The black w/yellow stripe wire is the only one with current.

SepeedA can you share the contact of this people that can reprogram the ECM .. ?

I just have a 2UZ out of a 2003 trundra ECM and harness, but not sure If I need the security feature on the keys .. ?

Also found a 2004 ECU with the steering column cilinder and the guy have the balet key .. but again I'm not sure if it will start with that key.

Comments will be very apreciated ..