2000 toyota tundra 4.7L Manual conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thecayub

Well... ITS ALIVE! After weeks of waiting on parts to arrive and a few small problems, its up and running. The ratios are really nice for cruisin around town, and 5th gear is really nice for the highway. I hooked it up to our large trailer and it tows really nice, not always downshifting. The 4th gear on the manual tranny is the same ratio (1:1) as 3rd gear on the automatic.

The automatic bellhousing is mated to the w58 manual with an adaptor plate. I used a clutch kit (friction disk, pressure plate) from a toyota mr2 (with a 3sgte engine) the flywheel came in the same kit as the adaptor plate came with. I am using a hydraulic throwout bearing instead of a fork type release setup. The hydraulic bearing required another adaptor plate in order to bolt on as well, inside the bellhousing. I took the driveshaft to a shop to be lengthened 3 1/8". They also installed 3 new u-joings, a carrier bearing, and balanced it. I purchased a slip yoke from them too (21 spline), because the automatic slip yoke was a 23 spline. I had to weld on a plate to my frame crossmember to mount the transmission, the manual mount is about 2 inches farther towards the front compared to the automatic. Cutting the hole in the floor for the shifter was really easy, and ended up in a nice place right in front of the bench seat. As far as electronics go, I fooled the ecu with the park/neutral safety switch so that it always thinks its in neutral. That way, it starts and runs fine. I hooked the oxygen sensors back up as well. The other connections (servos, temp, magnetic speed sensors?) are in plastic baggies and sealed up just to prevent moisture from getting to them. The automatic gear selector (on the steering column) does absolutely nothing now and just sits there (I might take it off in the future) I extended the shifter on the manual about 6 in up, and 2 in to the back, it is now in a comfortable position. The rigged clutch feels nice and seems pretty consistent hot or cold. Enough with the novel- here's some pics! I will post a video link later on when it uploads onto youtube.

The truck back in the driveway! (finally)

100_4855.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

The Supra W58 transmission (steam cleaned and painted)

100_4848.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

the 21 spline slip yoke

100_4847.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

the automatic bellhousing (2uz-fe, A340E) on left and W58 bellhousing on right)

100_4850.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

reconditioned driveshaft, the front section is 3 1/8" longer too

100_4858.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

The extended crossmember to tranny mount

100_4859.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

W58 tranny, auto bellhousing, connections ("sealed up") in the back you can see where the Cat USED to be)
100_4860.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

clutch master cylinder with lines hooked up

100_4861.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

shifter going up through the floor

100_4862-1.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

And, to top it all off, the gear on top of the shifter is from the automatic tranny (I believe its for the pump??)

100_4856.jpg picture by thecayub - Photobucket

Thats it! Let me know if you got any questions.

Video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfSIPZDVsM

AHHHH WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE PICS?
btw glad to see you got it all figured out! I was going to txt'd you to make sure you didn't get hung up on anything.

So how did this conversion worked out so far? How's the pull, was it worth it ?
I been waiting a long time for this

I dunno if he'll post on here now that it's driving, but I know that he had some misinstallation issues, and once those were fixed he was good to go.

I think I'm going to have to start taking deposits from customers when they buy kits and tell them that they can have the money back when they post videos and info after they finish their projects. lol