Titanium Rods in a GM production engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

The new Corvette Z06 has a 7 liter version of the LSx engine family that is making 500hp stock. Some impressive parts and engineering go into this engine including titanium rods and intake valves.

http://popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/chevrolet/smallblock/0509em_assembly/

0509sc_assembly_09_z.jpg

Another excellent spec on the LS7 is dry sump oiling. The pump actually has 2 rotors, a 0.95ci for pressure and a 1.41ci for scavenging as it will see both oil and air. This scavenge pump idea would also be PERFECT for low mount turbo return.

0509sc_assembly_17_z.jpg

550hp at the wheels at 4.5 psi--i too have been very impressed with the ls1 and up.. --much better than the old small blocks..

BUT STILL--the lexus/toyota v8 can be more formidable..,, and from a tech standpoint,, they are a very good starting point for a true world class engine..

That requires a complete stand alone to be able to tune it... With the work involved and the money... its still better the ls1. The ls1 is cheaper.. its smaller in overall size and i think its even lighter than the uzfe. mod for mod the ls1 will beat the uzfe...

Both at 5psi.. both with head work.. both with the same... nothing replaces cubic inches...

The Gen lll's havn't had a good rep in Aussie...
They had issues with oil control and piston slap etc...
I guess they have fixed it now??????

That requires a complete stand alone to be able to tune it... With the work involved and the money... its still better the ls1. The ls1 is cheaper.. its smaller in overall size and i think its even lighter than the uzfe. mod for mod the ls1 will beat the uzfe...

Both at 5psi.. both with head work.. both with the same... nothing replaces cubic inches...

Agree with most except cheaper. You can get UZs for $800AUD. My stock engine with just bolt ons is laying down over 400rwkw...gotta admit that is great bang for buck and i haven't found ANYTHING that will beat that value. Plus, if your car comes with UZ why have the hassle of a LS1 swap when the UZ will do such a good job.

mod for mod the LS wins but engine swap or bang for buck and UZ FTW no question

That's insane looking...(picture above)

Yes the LS1 is the better bang for the buck...If you got money to blow the LS7 is limitless....

Actually the 1uz-fe is the very best bang for the buck..(however boost is required if you want any real bang though)

How about the 2jz's with mad boost?

Aren't you guys forgetting about that internally stout little straight 6 Toyota motor that can handle just about anything you possibly strap onto it?

How about the 2jz's with mad boost?

Aren't you guys forgetting about that internally stout little straight 6 Toyota motor that can handle just about anything you possibly strap onto it?

Yep know of one on RX7 runs in 7's Crower rods etc..
1500 h.p on alcohol..
Run in 8's with N/A motor with N/A compression with big turbo....
http://www.roccosperformance.com.au/
All done on shoe string budget

Forget it, fully built CSB:s can take up to about 2500hp with the right selection of parts, those kind of figures are just a dream to a 2JZ wich costs double the money with half that amount of hp.

Ok, we´re not talking anything standard LS at 2500hp, but the parts are there and the engine will be lighter than an UZ.

However, having an UZ already in the enginebay is the best bang for the buck unless you´ve got a good garage and a lot of spare time.. ;)