Titanium Valves

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kiwi.in.aus

I can get a full set of titanium valves [ 32 so thats two sets ] out of a current Australian V8 Supercar Chev motor , apparently the same engine that's in the Nascar cars , just that ours are limited to 7,500 RPM while they pull 9,500 in the Nascar cars .
They have done 2000 Kilometres , they would have to be machined to suit .
The guy sells them for Aus $350.00 a set and you would need two so that works out to about US $530.00 plus a little bit of freight .
I don't know what a set of ti valves to suit would be worth or even if such a thing is availiable ?
Just letting all know and man were they light !!

well, ya. of course they are light. they woul be lighter if they here made of Magnesium, but thats not a wise valve material choice. an alloy of the two would be great though.

The only builder I deal with charges $150usd a valve. So about $1200usd. You're talking $530 for big huge valves, now what is the charge for having someone custom machine them?
I'd look at the total price VS new valves before commiting.

lol - the hard part is finding someone who is happy to machine 32 Ti valves and wont charge you a fortune. Ti valves break cutting bits and are generally a complete dog to machine.

plus - im assuming you folks have heard of EBay? ex nascar Ti valves on there every day of the week for SFA

I believe starting in 2002 Infiniti used titanium valves in its 4.5 liter 340hp V8. Not sure what a salvage engine would cost or dealer cost but possibly close enough in size to make work... possibly.