timing?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

viper92086

This may be a stupid question, but i cant seem to find it anywhere. Can timing be adjusted on the 1uz motors? if so how? i'm assuming its all ecu controlled, but i want to make sure

err, id say hes talking about ignition timing, and no, vvti cams are not interchangeable! where'd that idea come from!

freedom to think is the greatest gift of all.

i prefer to think of the opposable thumb as man's greatest gift. thinking, it seems, folks take for granted.

a cam gear would be easy to make. much much easier than hocking some adapted part from a difficult to source engine. anyway, an adjustable cam gear would be kinda pointless, you need to make the scissor gears adjustable.

of course id be happy to make a series of cam gears if folks want to buy them!

Adjustable cam drive gears (not scissor gears) are available and were part of a Group Purchase that didn't get off the ground. Check out the "Group Purchase section on this Site.

Looking at the photos the gears would preclude the use of the stock ignition system so you would need an aftermarker ECU to run the engine.

Yeah I remember that group buy attempt. I got the Adaptronic and my engine builder told me to be on the lookout for adjustable cam gears to squeeze some more power out of it. I don't see it happening unless I have some made myself. No big deal.