Surf Transfercase to Lexus Auto

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Matthes

Hi,

my name is Matt and i am writing from Norway,Hello to all.:)

i try to figure the right setup for a buddys Lexus 1Uz in a Hilux build.
He prefer the Auto.
I found Duzas writup on 4WD. We have to buy our stuff in the UK, a buddy, which is a LandroverMan and which has not really a taste for Toyotas goes shopping.

My question is:
which is the right Transfercase, out of a Surf/Runner to buy, we want one with manual shifting.
I found:
A:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Automatic-Gea...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cef52d963

B:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-hilux-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3effbca8a5

The look different, in my eyes. We dont have Automatiks with manual shifting here in Norway, so no experience and the need for advice and help.

By the way: my setup
R151F with splitcase out of a Landcruiser LJ 70 with a 1Uz out of a 90s Ls400

Attachments

• Matt.jpg
    Matt.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi,
The transfer case I used was from a 92ish Surf auto. The 4 Runner one is different. The Aussie Surf imports had manual selection of the transfer and used the ADD system, just like our similar model Hilux utes, ie. an air operated solenoid system for the front diff and shift on the fly.

Ric Duza

thanks

Hei Duza,

thanks for answering.
Can you coment the ebaylinks, which i have posted, or send me some pics. In the UK, where we going to buy is a big variety of Surf,Runner and Hilux and the Junkers are not allways that kind of ......communicatable:) and our friend is a not a Toyotaguy.

Matt

Matt,
They look the same to me, but the photos aren't the best and it is so long since I did my conversion, I honestly can't remember exactly how mine looks. My suggestion would be to post the same questions on the Austalian Surf site: www.toyotasurf.asn.au. They are very helpfull and will almost certainly solve your problems.
Ric