Stuck in 4wd after 1uz hilux conversion!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

trinisouljah

HI All,

I am basically finished my 1UZ conversion into my MK5 model Hilux. It took a lot longer that expected, but it is finally complete. I am picking it up from the mechanic today.

The only problem we are having at this time is that the 4WD is staying engaged. My model hilux does not engage electronically, only mechnically by the gear lever next to the gear shift. The shifter will move through all the motions but quite easily and you cannot feel any engage/disengage actions taking place.

I am sure it is still in 4WD because of how it drives and obviously the light is on in the dash. Any idea?

Details and pics of the conversion to follow...

Keith.

If it is the model with the ADD or 4WD button on the transfer case lever it is likely that there is some incorrect wiring

Thanks Gloverman, you were right, it was put back together wrongly.

Samsdad, this is the manual shift model, no electronics involved.

She's running nicely so far, but getting really hot. This was sorta expected from my research on lextreme. My mechanic/shop managed to mount my A/C system back up, and the evaporator is blocking a lot of the airflow.

I am going to have to move it. I am also running 2 x 10" pushing fans at the front, so I think I am going to have to stick a puller in the back. Hopefully a slim-line 14" can fit.

I have also read of shimming the hood at the back to encourage more airflow... any other ideas???

Thanks again!

raisingn back of bonnet does help just a touch but it stuffs up your windscreen wiper blades

get a better radiator maybe one with more water capacity

She's running nicely so far, but getting really hot. This was sorta expected from my research on lextreme. My mechanic/shop managed to mount my A/C system back up, and the evaporator is blocking a lot of the airflow.

I am going to have to move it. I am also running 2 x 10" pushing fans at the front, so I think I am going to have to stick a puller in the back. Hopefully a slim-line 14" can fit.

I have also read of shimming the hood at the back to encourage more airflow... any other ideas???

Thanks again!

I used a Flex-a-lite model #118 16" Puller on mine and it seems to work really good. Not sure what radiator you are using though. I also made a hood scoop on the hood to help with airflow. The temp gauge has never gone higher that what it did with the factory engine in it.