"Stuck" tach?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vltjr

Recently my '91 LS400 has been experiencing a tach problem that is slightly different than those that I've read about in these forums. On start-up the needle jumps to 500rpm and just stays there regardless of what the actual engine speed is. Before this problem occurred, I was having some intermittent problems with the tach just sitting at zero for a short time after starting (twenty seconds or less). Any ideas?

Thanks.

Its the old lube turned sticky like i said before. You can try to fix it by pulling apart the cluster but i dont recomend it. Just leave it alone.

Its the old lube turned sticky like i said before. You can try to fix it by pulling apart the cluster but i dont recomend it. Just leave it alone.

I had a problem with my tach on my Celsior reading low , I pulled the dash apart and found that the needle was loose on the post , checked out where the needle should sit by looking at another Celsior dash then just lined it up the same and gave it a push onto it's post , worked out fine and have no probs anymore .