Starts fine...and then...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lill daddy

Hey guys I'm after some help (again)

Was driving into town the other day then all of a sudden the old girl lost a whole heap of power the cel came on then 5 seconds later was fine... 2 more minutes later same thing... then came right again...2 more minutes later happened again and stayed that way....

I cant pull any codes... the cel and OD light both just flash maybe 20 times (constant flash) then goes solid...

The strange thing is that i pull the battery leads off leave it a bit then fire it back up... runs perfect for a minute or 2 then drops what feels like 4 cylinders... it also back fires etc when applying throttle...

I got a brand new coil and tried swapping both of them out but the exact same problem returns...

I had a ecu go bad a few months ago and got a refurbed unit but I feel its more a sensor somewhere rather than the ecu again...

Its a early crown uz conversion fwiw...

Thanks for any help team

if you can't pull the codes you should start from ECU side

Can't tell which particular way to start though. Maybe good option will be to open ECU cover and chack for leaky caps. Then check power/earth wires, shake ECU loom and see if something changes

They put paint seals on the ecu screws and its under warranty so not to keen to pop it open... I have checked all the earths etc I am leaning towards a CAS after reading a thread about the exact same symptoms I have...

Thanks George!

That's good point too, however something is definitely wrong with the ECU if CEL is constantly on when TC shorted to E1, no matter for how long the pins have been shorted before the CEL stopped blinking.

A friend of mine (electrical engineer) Says he can test my crank sensor so at least I can rule it out if it tests up ok... I have also got my hands on a good cam sensor so will try swapping those out if its not the crank sensor... and then I guess I'm back to the ecu...