New 1uz-vvti wiring, starts but will not run?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

neil_P_smith

I have a ’98 jdm 1uz vvti with immobilizer bypass. I’ve gone through the Nigel Wade how to, and wired the motor according, but all it dose is start and run for about 5 seconds then shuts off. It will restart but continues to quit. I have fused power to the injectors, igniters, and ecu. I’m fairly certain that I have 5 volts to the throttle body but I believe it is the source of the problem. I have also only read the obd1 codes as I cant seem to figure out how to wire the obd2 reader to connect to the ecu. My obd1 codes are 39, 56, 57, and 89. Any help on the issues would be nice. I’m sure I have just missed something but can seem to find it on my own. Thanks Neil Smith

you need BATT, E1, SIL for obd2 socket
56, 57 is for hydro fan, don't mind them for now
89 is for ETCS-i , but it's not the sort of DTC that shuts off the engine
39 is for vvt system but it's not the case most likely

Try to disconnect your airflow meter and try a couple more times

Thanks! Ok i tried it with the maf unplugged and got codes 24, 31, 39, 56, 57, and 89. It still dosent want to run, i tried 15-20 times. A few times it seemed to run for a hair longer but still quit.
Fuel pressure is good at ~50lbs.
I did get the obd2 reader to come on but said failure to connect, it is a MaxiScan ms509.
The etcs-i never makes any noise, nothing with ignition on, should it? Thanks For any help!!

Thanks for all the help. It was my wiring; a wire for the ects was repined into the wrong pin. The motor starts and runs fine, (YAY) there a few other issues that need sorting but I will get to those soon. I couldn’t have done any of this without all the good info here! Thanks Neil