Starting Issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tsirovy

My last post I talked about changing rod bearings. Decided to drop a new longblock in and save the hassles. I bought a 1992 SC400 longblock with 50,000 miles. Finalized everything today and try to start.

It turns and acts like its starting.. but wont fire up. When i attempt to start there is a "fume like vapor" that smells like gasoline coming out of the intake system right before the air filter. Any takes?

I checked all wires and plugs and they fire just great. I just wonder if because I am using the new engines fuel injectors that with the old wire harness they arent working? Idk.

I am glad you took our advice. Anyway, double check the crank or cam sensors make sure they are plug in. Did mess with the timing belt too?

yes. shortest cut is longest. I didnt mess with the timing belt but can the crank sensor cause the problem of not starting? I know the cam sensors are plugged in. It has every component of starting.. fuel spark air. Im going to check it now. the new injectors are 3250-50020.. my original injectors are 3250-50010 btw

crank sensor tests out and is clean. Tried the above method with no results. the only things that didnt match up on the conversion were the knock sensor connectors. 'old harness is square and new sensor is round'--but it still connected well and was snug. Plus I have no cel codes yet. This is crazy