Cold Starting Issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Celsiorous

Hi,

I have a 1990 Celsior, it has a slight cold starting issue where i need to give it gas to get it started and it miss's and "splutters" a bit before it starts idling smoothly, this only happens when its cold. At first I thought this was ignition but after reading other posts I thinking it might have something to do with a sensor, hoping for a bit of advice.
The reason i suspect a sensor is that the temperature guage has always been incorrect in this car, ie the temperture is about quarter of the way up when the car is not even started, it stays at this reading all the time unless i get in rush hour traffic or the like and it goes up to half. Someone has suggested to me that there is a "coldstart" sensor that detects that the engine is cold and changes the mixture accordingly to allow for a good coldstart, they also said that this could be why the temperature guage is reading incorrectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dom

The coldstart timer switch is the brown sensor
The ecu temp sensor is the green one
The guage sensor is the single wire one.
All of these are behind the top coil.

You'll need the TSRM to test if they are within spec.

Also the CSI might be blocked.
Remove the intake pipe on the throttle body, open the throttle plate, and you will see the CSI sticking up in the middle of the plenum.
Start the car, and it should be spraying fuel.
It will operate until the water temperature is around the 40degC mark.