Help starting a 1uz that has not turned on for quite some time.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zeno163420

Hi everyone, I just purchased 92 SC400 with the 40p/40p/40p ECU. It has been sitting in a garage since 2016. It has low mileage and oil looked good so i tried to start it and the engine turns but i got no spark. Ive got fuel (spraying gas via intake) but no spark. Wondering if these earlier 1uz's had immobilizer? The key I was given says "Lock/Unlock Door" and i dont know if this key turns on the car or not. This may or maynot be the issue but.... can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is apreciated.

BTW I noticed the check ingine light does not turn one when turning the ignition key... dont know if that info helps.

Thanks gloverman, I think my problem is with power to ecu. Going to check fuses and relays first but yes if it gets a lttle difficult I will pull the engine out. The engine is for a swap anywhay, I just wanted to turn it on first before pulling it out. Thanks for your help!

BTW.. Ive been a YT subscriber of yours for some time and I havent seen any info about M/T swaps. Whats the best way to go about it? Cheapest way? How to use that AT bellhousing for the MT swap? your thoughts?

Thanks gloverman, I think my problem is with power to ecu. Going to check fuses and relays first but yes if it gets a lttle difficult I will pull the engine out. The engine is for a swap anywhay, I just wanted to turn it on first before pulling it out. Thanks for your help!

BTW.. Ive been a YT subscriber of yours for some time and I havent seen any info about M/T swaps. Whats the best way to go about it? Cheapest way? How to use that AT bellhousing for the MT swap? your thoughts?

I was more meaning its possible to unplug the engine harness from the car and power it up independently so you eliminate the car as the issue. Really easy on sc400. We do lots of conversions with manuals. We stopped using adaptor plates with auto bell housing about 12 years ago and use complete replacement bellhousings most of the time.

So I watched the video you sent and I was able to grab my tester and ran some tests just like you did in the video and I found there was juice pretty much everywhere in the engine but still no spark. I verified all the fuses and found that the second EFI fuse was blown, replaced it but still no spark. Finally I pulled out the ECU pinout and found that the Batt + had juice but the Ign + had no juice. So for testing purposes i ran a wire from the Battery to the ECU ign+, poured a little gas to the intake manifold and that engine turned right on! I imagine thats the reason the previous ownser let it sit since 2016. Im very happy I bought it! I cant THANK YOU enough for your help! Youve got a new friend in Puerto Rico! Thanks again!

BTW if you have any info about where to purchase replacement bellhousings, flywheel, (or what flywheel is commonly used?) etc.. for th MT swap I will greatly apreciate it. Here in the states we've got Collins adapter kits Ive purchased one for a Nissan 240 1uz swap I recently did but now I want to put a W58 in the SC400 I just purchased and Collins doesnt make the kit for it. So any info you might have that could help?

With the correct info the SC400 and soarer are super easy to get running. And it seems I had the correct info. We have bellhousings in NZ which are commonly available and I keep them in stock.

With the correct info the SC400 and soarer are super easy to get running. And it seems I had the correct info. We have bellhousings in NZ which are commonly available and I keep them in stock.

Those bellhousings look great! I'm interested in purchasing a full kit for my w58. Bellhousing, flywheel, clutch kit (let me know if you have more options besides stock clutches), non hydraulic throw out bearing. I don't know how much shipping will be to 00725 but..Please send me quote. Thanks again for all your help!

Ok so Today i installed a new tank (the OEM fuel tank was rotted) so new tank, new pump, wired it up and it started and ran beautifully. After 5 - 10 mins of it being on I decided to turn it off and call it a day. After a few minutes I tried starting it again and now it won't start as it did before... it now starts when I turn the key but as soon as I let off the key (out of starting position) it turns off. I've got power to the ecu, I've got power on the pump, don't know where to go from here. I thought I was a step ahead and now I'm getting frustrated. Please help.

I'd be tripple-checking your ingition switch. It ran ok when it started earlier, so in theory, the rest of the wiring is ok? What circuit is operating when the key is turned to start, as opposed to that when its in the IGN position (it is different).

i've had issues with the main efi relay not triggering properly. I'm using the factory soarer fuse/relay box.
Not sure if it is a dodgy relay or the ecu needing a rebuild and not putting out enough voltage on M-REL. my temporary fix was to put a jumper across the relay terminals when i want to run it.

I
Those bellhousings look great! I'm interested in purchasing a full kit for my w58. Bellhousing, flywheel, clutch kit (let me know if you have more options besides stock clutches), non hydraulic throw out bearing. I don't know how much shipping will be to 00725 but..Please send me quote. Thanks again for all your help!

If you are after prices flick us an email at [email protected] I'm crazy busy in the workshop but my PA in the office will sort it.