need help starting a FI 1uzfe project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

luan

hi i would like to know what you think of the following set up:

older model 1uzfe motor (as they seem to be able to handel more hp)
twin hi mounted t3 turbos
integrated inter-cooler
spitronics emu and spitronics transmission system
built a340 tranny (lextreme torque converter and sift kit)
upgraded fuel pump and injectors
heads will be ported and stronger valve springs
tuned to 12-14 psi (how much can i push on the stock internals )

all the work will be done by me and my dad alone with some help from the local engine gurus. we looking for about 400 rwhp.

or will it be easier to go the supercharger/single turbo root for the same amount of hp, also will a head gaskets that lower compression rations help with boost or is this to much of a hassle on stock internals ?

really looking for the easiest and most cost effective way to get 400 rwhp out of a 1uzfe while still keeping the engine reliable

really looking for the easiest and most cost effective way to get 400 rwhp out of a 1uzfe while still keeping the engine reliable

If you're serious about the easiest and most cost effective solution, have you considered a shot of nitrous? A lot more cost effective than building an engine. Then when/if she blows, just pull it and drop another one in. These engines are so cheap it doesn't really pay to "build" one unless you're going for insane HP, have money to burn, or just love to tinker......

Thanks for the reply and i would have to agree, that is why i wanted 2 spend money on all the other goodies that can be salvaged if an engine goes (ie turbos) and not no do much to the engine (like internals ) nos would be the easiest way to go about it but i want constant power and not just a one run wonder.:p

there is a guy here in the uk running 550 bhp from a completely stock early 1uzfe. his twin turbo kit is for sale for 2,000 GBP in the for sale section

I have done a few turbo 1uz now and 400rwHP is quite acheiveable. My own vehicle had a TD07 , link Xtreme with 440cc injectors and made 250rwKW on 10 and 300rwKW on 15. Another one we did was a RX7 with twin TO04 of a subaru with 550cc injectors link storm and it made 247rwKW on 8psi with 1010nm of torque. Wit a bit more boost this one would have hit the 400hp mark too. Both where on stock internals. My kit can be seen here

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=424138888

I have photos of both setups. Cheers

I have done a few turbo 1uz now and 400rwHP is quite acheiveable. My own vehicle had a TD07 , link Xtreme with 440cc injectors and made 250rwKW on 10 and 300rwKW on 15. Another one we did was a RX7 with twin TO04 of a subaru with 550cc injectors link storm and it made 247rwKW on 8psi with 1010nm of torque. Wit a bit more boost this one would have hit the 400hp mark too. Both where on stock internals. My kit can be seen here

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=424138888

I have photos of both setups. Cheers

i see you said you will be moving on to the 3uzfe engine just wondering how they fair on boost saw one of these for a really good price while looking for my 1uzfe. has any one tinkered with one of theses to see what kind of numbers they getting???

just as a matter of interest has any one stuck the aluminum vvti heads on the old 1uzfe block. I hear sum say its an exact fit and others say it doesn't. That would be sum other kind of beast :D

You should also have thick MLS head gaskets to lower the compression along with ARP head studs. 400 rwhp with an auto tranny is doable, but is near its limit when the engine doesn't have forged internals. Rwhp can't really be compared between a manual tranny and an auto tranny. That 400 rwhp is like 450 rwhp for a manual tranny. However, it doesn't mean it's slower than a manual. A built auto tranny with a torque converter and a shift kit will pull the car quickly and make up for its loss of its auto status.

You should also have thick MLS head gaskets to lower the compression along with ARP head studs. 400 rwhp with an auto tranny is doable, but is near its limit when the engine doesn't have forged internals. Rwhp can't really be compared between a manual tranny and an auto tranny. That 400 rwhp is like 450 rwhp for a manual tranny. However, it doesn't mean it's slower than a manual. A built auto tranny with a torque converter and a shift kit will pull the car quickly and make up for its loss of its auto status.
Especially with a turbo...
It SEEMS if you can run E85 or a high content of ethanol ...
The higher boost / power is better on pistons, rotating assembly...