Starting 1UZFE in Toyota Pickup Race Truck (Questions)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

htibaja

Have a 95 Toyota Pickup Front a rear Long travel King Bypass Shocks Full Cage, Tundra Rear axel with 4.88's, currently have the 3.slow v6 with manual 5 speed, was originally 4x but pulling out to increase travel. Dont want to do what ive seen alot of guys do on here with mating up the transfer case and such.

Never done a motor conversion but got myself into this one pickup a Japanese 30K pullout 1uzfe out of a 93 sc400 with the auto Tranny for $500 with wiring harness attached.

So now i am starting to dig into it and have a number of questions.

Trans:
Would rather mate up a manual 5 speed to the 1uzfe but seems there are not alot of options, possibly the r154 or the w58. (Nothing just bolts up)
To run these it looks like adapter plate between trans and bell housing and howe throw bearing, spacer etc,. Kind of an expensive undertaking since i don't have a trans to start with but is possible.
Has anyone ever mated the tranny out of the v6 4x4 with the 1uzfe (since i have a good one with new clutch)

Engine Fit:
I am not worried about fitting anything in the bay because i am actually going to scoot the entire motor and tranny back into the cab probably like 8-10" depending on room, but that's the easy part in my mind.

Electrical: (what i have nightmares about)
I am only doing headers and custom intake no boost so i would like to use the stock ecu.
1st: if i end up going manual is there a problem running stock sc400 ecu without the auto trans hooked up?
2nd: Is ther any standalone ecu/harness that can just run the motor not all the other crap that the sc has? (again this in a race truck not worried about all the accessories i will have a fiberglass dash with autometer gauges or something of that sort.)
3rd: If i have to use the stock computer (i know nothing about wiring) what are the systems i must have plugged in/wired so that the engine will not be setting off codes left and right?

Thats probably enough questions for now. Ill throw a few pics of my build up in a few days, in middle of the cage now.

Thanks for your help guys?

DSCN19821.jpg

DSCN1983.jpg

DSCN1985.jpg

DSCN1993.jpg

DSCN1994.jpg

Attachments

• 1uz-intake-manifold.jpg
    1uz-intake-manifold.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 343
  • ford-lightning-m112-budget-kit.jpg
    ford-lightning-m112-budget-kit.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 343
  • IMGP2404.JPG
    IMGP2404.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMGP2405.JPG
    IMGP2405.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
wow, dejavu doin the same. kings all round, 4 link out back, total chaos up front, 4.0 in the cab runnin Autronic

if yr worried about electricals just send the loom to someone in yr country as there are afew and they can tidy yr loom and simplify it

why is everyone worried about setting off cel lights
dont bloody connect one heheheh
or connect it thru a switch so it works only when u need to test for codes when something feels wrong

whenever i wire a 1uz and who something is missing and will throw a code i throw the cel
light in the bin

and just incase u didnt search for it heheheheh
any early 1uz can run in manual mode without any probs

1. the 1uz ecu doesn't need the automatic to run.
2. there's lots of stand alone options, but my personal favorite is megasquirt.
3. the sc400 engine is fairly self sustaining. to get it running you mostly need to bring ignition power and starter power over from the vehicle's system to the sc1uz harness. after that it's mostly sensor wires for guages which is the easy part.