hard time starting my 1uzfe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

underdog51

This is my first post on the forum. I own several toyotas and my lexus ls400. I can't find any manuals or anything for my car. I looked at the one posted here but it is for a 90' and appears to have different electronics. I am trying to figure out how to pull codes out of my engine. I have my check engine light on. My car doesn't want to start unless i had just turned it off. It is cranking over fine. It is not a starter problem, it just doesn't want to fire up. I have to push the gas in a little bit and about 10-15 seconds of cranking to get it to start. then when it does, it puts a cloud of smoke out the back. I can't figure out if it is a spark or fuel problem. I am pretty sure it is a sensor but i need to try and pull a code.
All spark plugs, wires, caps, ect were replaced a year ago. Somebody please help, its pretty embarrasing being in an ls400 that doesn't want to start. ;)
thanks for the help.
Scott

I have my engine in,my fault light is off with ignition on but lights up when cranking starts. The engine will halfstart, running fast wwhile cranking run for a few seconds then stop. I have 3.5 bar fuel pressure tested, but no start. the exhaust is not on only manifolds. Had a problem with the starter, it just stopped working, no click nothing. I took the starter of and foung that the brushes parted from from the field coils. I resolderd and refitted the starter. A while later same problem. I can now remove starter fix and replace in 2 hours flat. My moter is making a lot of exhaust noises and some backfiring witj throtlr wide open, can you help? Jan Venter

underdog: first off what year is your car? if its a pre~95 the diagnostic port is attached to the front right corner of the intake manifold and is the same as any other 80-90 toyota where you bridge TE and E1 with a piece of wire

jan: sounds like the power feed you used for the ecu only has +12v when the key is in the crank position and not in the run position

Thanks for the help, i will check out the power feed to the ecu. I have replaced the plugs and the starting is better but still no revs.Startup is very ritch, spark on all plugs but as soon as the engine starts the revs will start up and go down like it is switched off. my engine is a 95 with auto box and downut universal, this is fine as i am fitting it into a ford with independant suspension. Jan Venter

stevieq, Thanks for your help, but im stil batling to start my engine. Did srart it ones, got ful revs and it idled for aprox 5 mins before i swithesed it of. from there i moved my fuel pump forward, yes ask way i dont know. I have now moved it back near the tank. I discovered that my fault light pin on the plug was dead, i fixed this and moved my feed to the ignition wire. the light wil stil come on on cranking but cant get the codes going with t1 and e1. Discocered that iff iuse my multimeter ooon the dianostics port i get some strange volt readings, if the negative is on neg bat then i get -12v on the e1 and my fault light wil give me 12v pos.
Jan Venter

1UXFE into Ford

I have another engine, a 92 it is in the car but as previously im having a hardtime starting the engine. i have 3.5 bar fuel presure but seems that no fuel is reaching the pistons. I hve checked the injectors by putting a spare plug on them and then shorting them out, with fuelpump of there is a drop of .5 br at each tap, so the injectors is working, and i see fuel on the plugs, but after a few cranks of the starter the plugs wil be bone dry. Spraying quickstart into the intake wil get the moter running sort of.my checklight is on but no codes. Please help im realy stumped. Thank you in advance, Jan Venter