How Hard Is It To Stop a Prius?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Those videos sure do halp to clear up that issue. I experienced unintended accleration in my 2007 Toyota Forerunner. It was actually rubber mat entrapment of the floor pedal. I hit the brake, and shifted into neutral, coasted off the road and figured out what the heck it was and then continued on my way.

Ryan

I don't even need to look at the links.

I just can't understand why people continue to allow the Pruis to excellerate and then cause real danger. The one guy just kept it going at 90mph and fried his brakes, called 911 even..

First try and turn off the ingnition, that doesn't work I would then ram it out gear and into neural, or get it into any other gear for that matter and blow the tranny if need be, try again to turn off the ignition violently after that. That Pruis would surely stop if I were driving it.. I would tear that car apart to make it stop.. If there is a fuse box near the foot, rip it out and start pulling wires. Kick the shifter with all my foot strength, what ever it takes..

I'm sure it would never get to that point though...

I'm stereotyping, but if I had to guess, the majority of people driving the Pruis's probably aren't very physical or mechanically inclined by nature.. I think that could be part of the problem right there for most of the fatalities that we read about..

Its hard to know if this guy is just plain stupid or trying to get attention.
"runaway car" the new reality show.
But there are people out there who cannot deal with situations. They are usually the people who panic and get other people killed in disasters.

Its hard to know if this guy is just plain stupid or trying to get attention.
"runaway car" the new reality show.
But there are people out there who cannot deal with situations. They are usually the people who panic and get other people killed in disasters.
It's been verified that this guy is a scammer and crook, the media is coming out with stories about his shenanigans.

I don't know why people are making a big deal out of the floor mat that gets stuck to the gas pedal. It's so sad that some drivers couldn't handle the situation and got killed, including a Highway Patrol officer. Just put the shifter into Neutral, so at least the car can't accelerate anymore, then brake it at the same time. Unless the brake also gets stuck, then it can be done.

Just go to a home improvement store, buy a big piece of velcro tape with its both sticky sides, stick 1 side to the carpet and stick the other side to the floor mat. Then the carpet won't move up.

Last edited:
You guys got it right. These people getting hurt is terrible, but damn . If people had any idea how the machine they use everyday actually worked they would all still be here.