Started building my TT manifolds

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gte

Well, I got my exhaust 'legos' in :)

Equal length and craziness design number 1 (the abs is going to need to be relocated or something)

I have no idea if this is how the final design will be. I may have to put in (4) 1.75" vbands in, so that I can change the spark plugs in a decent amount of time, lol, we'll see.

0404080023lz1.jpg

0404080022ayn5.jpg

0404080022xm1.jpg

0404080019anm8.jpg

0404080019zc1.jpg

Those 'legos' are pretty cool, I'd forgotten they were available.

Have they come up with a means to semi-automate the building of the headers once you have something jigged up with these legos? Now that would really be cool.....

p.s. Who are you getting your V-Bands from?

I haven't sourced a v band provider yet, so that's up in the air at the moment

They can do things to automate the build of the manifold, if you send the legos to them, or if you have them scanned in on a 3 d modeling thing. I don't know if I'm going to go through all of that, we'll see.

The header lego's can be had from

http://www.icengineworks.com

Ask for Victor ... they aren't cheap by any means, but they are convenient. The initial setup is a pain in the ass, but once you get used to it, it isn't so bad. I had a helacious time getting 2 connectors to separate, so sometimes you have to put one gently in a vice and then cock it slightly and put a small screwdriver in between the 2 and gently pry, but now I've gotten it down to a science

Those 'legos' are pretty cool, I'd forgotten they were available.

Have they come up with a means to semi-automate the building of the headers once you have something jigged up with these legos? Now that would really be cool.....

p.s. Who are you getting your V-Bands from?

Attachments

• Web 121 pics 014.jpg
    Web 121 pics 014.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Web 121 pics 015.jpg
    Web 121 pics 015.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 131
Those legos are way better than what I was using for my mock up.

secondtry4web.jpg

This preheater tube was way cheaper--but I found that it will bend to a 1/2" tighter radius than the actual mandrel bends I am using, which caused me some problems when I tried to copy the mock up. I had to make signifigant changes to the original idea--although it still seems like it will work. It seems to be good for rough draft purposes, but not so much for true mock ups.

secondtry3web.jpg

actual6web.jpg