Stand alone Auto controller.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

devojet

My brother and I are fitting a 1uzfe and auto into a torana lx hatch. I have just started designing a stand alone programable auto controller which will support FULL AUTO control as well as push button manual control and gear selector manual control all in the one box. This will allow you to run the engine with a programable ECU and still have a full working auto without the factory computer. I have no idear on the final cost as yet (I am trying to make it as cheap as possible) but it would be interesting to see how many people would be interested in a device like this.

I would be interested what inputs are you planning on using for the box to decide on where to shift?
i am considering a arcade game T-BAR shifter ( don't laugh they are available and strong and available) and getting up down input thing going. i just need a five state machine that can be stepped up and down through. i know PLC ladder programing but that is not cheap.

so yeah i guess i am interested.

I plan to use speed and throtal possition as the main inputs simular to the factory computer. I might also add engine temp, stop light and some others to allow the torque converter lock up to work simurlar to the factory settings. It will also have the inputs from the shifter, an auto/manual switch, O/D switch and some inputs for up and down buttons or contacts. Your game controller should have contacts in it that could be conected to the up/down inputs. So you would have both auto and "sequential shift manual". I like you Idear of using the game controller.

Hi devojet, Iam currently doing just about the same thing. The hardware was the easy bit, but I have found the software algorithms pretty tricky, the concept is easy enough but getting the box to shift like the factory box does and not hunt for gears is proving to be trickier than first thought....

You will need to have several different shift strategies to do the shifting properly.
You will need to create a software anti-hysteresis filter.

I have a stand alone auto controller on an A341E trans that I have behind the 1UZFE in my Navara. I have spent the last couple of months sorting out calibration files for the controller. It is now at a point where it would be difficult to tell from a factory unit in full auto mode (except shifts are much firmer), all the normal Toyota functions are working e.g. TCC lockup, O/D cancel, pwr and normal modes, and I also have an electronic manual mode with buttons on my steering wheel for upshift/downshift, and a towing mode. The system is fully programable, but has cost me about NZ$2000 in total to get up and running (not including the many hrs calibrating and fine tuning it). It is working very well and it has been well worth the effort.

Daver,

When you have it sorted post it in the For Sale sectoin as you will be knocked over in the rush.

I'llcheck the For Sale section in 2006.

I don't think it's as easy as everyone thinks.

If it was KDog would be offering it!