snout mounted idler pulley

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SuperRunner

Since my charger sits up so high I worry about belt slippage, especially because I want to run the smallest pulley possible, and later possibly run a twin screw up to 25psi.

I have seen a few setups with a snout mounted idler pulley to really keep the belt wrapped tight around the supercharger pulley.

I found something like this but wanted to know what other possibilities there could be.

idler_pulley_bracket.jpg

You could think about changing to a dedicated serp drive for the supercharger. Zuffen has this on his, and I think he's run up to 22 or 25 psi without slippage.

Or, you could put a dedicated Gilmer drive just for the supercharger.

Both solutions involve hanging something further outboard on the dampner, which isn't the most desirable solution from an engineering point of view, although many do it.

The moment that's created by a pulley outboard of the dampner isn't good for things like crankshaft main bearings, etc. In this regard, probably a dedicated Gilmer drive would be less harmful than a serp, because it wouldn't have to be tensioned as much as a serp. Just my opinion, however.

mabye a secondary shaft or something. I don't want to move the pulley anymore forward. Already sicks 4" above the hoodline at the pulley