Remote mounted twin turbo 3uz-fe sc430

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

aquanuke

I recently came across a garage quite local to me that can supply and fit the STS remote mounted twin turbo kit. They have zero experience of my particular car but im quite tempted to have a go at this.

Basically im looking at the STS universal remote kit that they will fab to work. Running 5-8 lbs boost estimate around 500bhp.

Going remote mount just seems alot less work, and this garage seems quite experienced with their product.

And im thinking about the Lexus-Toyota Forged Pistons/Forged H-Beam Rods

http://www.lextreme.com/pistons-rods.html

Is it critical to have the proper bearing size as it states

"Due to complexity of Toyota bearings. We highly recommend you call your local Lexus dealer and give them your crank number and rod number to get the poroper sized bearings "

As my sc430 (2002) is a Japanese import and im in the UK. So no point me speaking to a dealer here. So cant see how I can get that info easily.

Other then pistons and rods is there anything else I would need ?

With the pistons should I go with an 8.5:1 ratio ?

Also I need to sort out the fuel management, I was thinking maybe the gready emanage or LMS i-manage. Any recomendations. Thanks.

Attachments

• P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 7
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Just make sure your oil pump doesnt go out. I had one experience with electric pump failure during my low mount twin turbo (very similar to the rear mount). Massive smoke and undriveable....

It's not easy to have a front or side mount turbo on the SC430, so rear mount turbo seems like a better than none. :D If you can find out what oil pump brand/model STS use, then use that brand because it should have been a proven oil pump. And the oil pump should be close to the turbo as possible, so it can suck the oil out quick enough.

Great to have your participation!

There are a few concerns with the remote mount setup. The turbos become the only mufflers so the system is loud.

Clearance getting the gases to and from the turbos.

Air filtration.

Compromised response.

Going with a purpose built shortblock would be a good plan above 400rwhp. The transmission also becomes and issue.

All of the above considered.

For me a pair of small turbos replacing the stock catalysts would be a more appealing solution. Still low mount so a oil scavenge system would be needed most likely.

Have you done any mods yet?

The turbos become the only mufflers so the system is loud

I already had my muffler (rear silencer) removed. So in theory I should be quieter then am now. Although Ive heard turbos make for very good silencers.

Have you done any mods yet?

Only some bolt ons, S&S headers, full exhaust, Lextreme torque convertor, blitz throttle controller, intake. The headers are nice and make the biggest impact so far.

I already had my muffler (rear silencer) removed. So in theory I should be quieter then am now. Although Ive heard turbos make for very good silencers..
The turbos will be louder than stock, unless you have good resonators and mufflers after the turbos. And there shouldn't be any catalytic converters before the turbo because they'll restrict the exhaust flow big time that'll lead to turbo lag.

They won't be that loud. I've got a sts on my truck and it sounds like a jet when the turbo is spooling but on idle it sounds sweet. There are other options than STS's scavenger pump. What are you using for fuel management?

My turbo also sounds like a jet sucking in the air when I put on the vented hood. I guess rear mounted turbo's sound would also be noticeable when they're outside the engine. Imagine you have 2 of them. Sweet.

The STS system is awesome

I recently came across a garage quite local to me that can supply and fit the STS remote mounted twin turbo kit. They have zero experience of my particular car but im quite tempted to have a go at this.

Basically im looking at the STS universal remote kit that they will fab to work. Running 5-8 lbs boost estimate around 500bhp.

Going remote mount just seems alot less work, and this garage seems quite experienced with their product.

And im thinking about the Lexus-Toyota Forged Pistons/Forged H-Beam Rods

http://www.lextreme.com/pistons-rods.htmltirecars

Is it critical to have the proper bearing size as it states

"Due to complexity of Toyota bearings. We highly recommend you call your local Lexus dealer and give them your crank number and rod number to get the poroper sized bearings "

As my sc430 (2002) is a Japanese import and im in the UK. So no point me speaking to a dealer here. So cant see how I can get that info easily.

Other then pistons and rods is there anything else I would need ?

With the pistons should I go with an 8.5:1 ratio ?

Also I need to sort out the fuel management, I was thinking maybe the gready emanage or LMS i-manage. Any recomendations. Thanks.

With lower compression pistons, you should go with 10 psi of boost. Along with is should be the high stall rate torque converter and a shift kit. This tranny upgrade will help it last and shift quicker.