remote oil filter adaptor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

alunwill

HI,

I've got a remote filter installed and I'm using one of the plates advertised on Lextreme.

Problem, I can't get a gasket to last longer than a couple of hours under this plate. I noticed the original filter has "O" ring seals which doesn't required such a large area to be sealed, what are other using for a suitable gasket or do I invest in one of the plates from Oz that has the "O" ring seals fitted and hence needs less pressure across the relevant area to get a good seal..

thanks

al

I had a gasket made by the local gasket maker and it's designed for the application.

The material is about 1mm thick and compresses when fitted.

Its smooth on both sides but the middle is a metal fabric that's designed to crush.

I ran it for a few years and it was great.

Went back to a stock set up so gave it to another member.

You could machine two grooves in the Lextreme plate to accept a couple of O rings.

I made my own oil filter adaptor and just use good quality silicon sparingly. Been in the 37 for 4 years and 70,000 miles and no probs yet

O-rings require about 15% crush iirc. Find a correct diameter o-ring for your orifice, take it to someone and machine a groove to the depth of 85% of the ring thickness lol. Bam done