Remote Oil Filter kit

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sonoramike

have the 1UZ remote filter adapter from this site, wondering if someone has found a kit for sale online that has the lines and filter mount thats been a good match - the 3/8" npt thread size is a tough match

so far I'm thinking that the Perma-cool 1731 "Single filter mount with 3/8" NPT(int) ports. 3/4"-16 thread" could be a winner (although I'm not clear on the 3/4"-16 thread part...)

any source for hoses?

not clear on this at all

remote adapter at http://www.lextreme.com/oil-relocation-plate.html shows:

"This plate also came with two holes slightly smaller than 3/8" so you can thread 3/8" npt for your application."

if the threads are to be cut 3/8" npt why would I need/want 3/4-16? i know 3/4-16 as 3/4" wide hole with 16 threads per inch tall. 2 totally different sizes.

what am I not understanding?

Sorry,

The oil filter thread for the toy / Lex is 3/4 - 16, that is what that thread relates to on the filter bracket discription. I would use a filter bracket with 1/2" ports.

I would suggest that you use 1/2" hose (-08) minimum or 5/8" (-10) would be better for a longer run.

3/8 NPT is for the fittings for the plate.

Mud?

I had started to post the info on the 3/4"-16 as the thread size for the oil filter when it screws onto the remote adapter, the remote adapter comes with a loose threaded section of pipe -- the 3/4"-16 -- where one end is screwed into the housing, the other end allows the filter to attach. the product description could be clearer...

I talked with the fine folks at Summit Racing customer support this morning, they suggested auto-ends and braided hose in -6 size but that seemed kinda small to me

using:

2 of these to come off the engine (EAR-982266ERL @ $9.50ea):
ear-982208.jpg

2 of these go on the remote adapter that sits on the firewall/inner fender ( EAR-981666ERL @ $3.95ea):
ear-981608.jpg

4 of these to connect the hose to the above adapters (EAR-300106ERL @ $6.88ea):
ear-300106erl_w.jpg

1 of these remote adapters (PRM-1731 @ $24.39):
prm-1701_w.jpg

6' of braided hose (EAR-306006ERL @ $31.88)

note that the PN's for the pieces above are -6AN which I think I agree with Cobber on moving up to -8

Mike, you may want to think about another alternative to drilling & tapping that Lextreme remote plate and putting in -6 AN fittings. I agree with you, I think -6's are too small for the main oil lines. Here's some pics of mine showing -10 AN fittings welded on to it, then with a dremel type tool, I smoothed and enlarged the internal passages some more.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=74731&postcount=26

Toyota were very careful with this oil system to keep their line sizes large, and not put in any restrictions to the oil flow, so that's what I tried to do with this adaptor.

I'm temporarily using Parker's "blue hose" with the push-on fittings with my remote filter unit, which also has -10 AN fittings and it worked very well for the first dyno session: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=76904&postcount=63

Once I have it in the car, and know how long the hoses need to be, I'll take them in to the Parker store and have permanent hoses with swaged ends made up.

wow cribbj - hadn't seen that dyno thread before. fun read. was thinking to myself "wonder if he's hooked up saw/pip or if he's in limp mode..." and then sure enough . pretty good numbers all told

I'da sworn that I've seen something on here somewhere re: stock filter adapter being 3/8 all the way thru the filter and back.

I don't have the stock one off yet, will need to measure the ports once I do but I'd imagine that I'll open the ports on the adapter plate to -8 and go -8 the whole way thru

-8 will be a lot better than -6, but just FYI, the size of the ports are 1/2" and 3/4". I had measured them once before, but I just did it again to be sure.

The 1/2" port is the one going to the filter from the oil pump, and the 3/4" port is coming back from the filter and going to the main oil gallery.

Yeah, I felt like the real dumb*ss when I realised I didn't have the SAW/PIP lines connected!!!

David, no, actually you want to minimise any pressure drops in the system wherever you can, so that it's just the oil filter and the engine itself which are the big restrictions to flow.

Many of us in the Supra community started popping front main seals, for a variety of reasons, but when we took steps to reduce the back pressure in the lubrication system, by changing out the restrictive oil cooler, and/or going to a larger remote oil filter, a number of the problem cases disappeared.