can m112 snout be shorten if required?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

as above, or are they what they are?asking as it would be nice if i had a shorter snout, i have not stripped my new 112 to see and dont wish to (unless shortening)

sure someone will have done this if atall possible..thanks

yes..got pics..still on phone though..

re other snouts fit..yes i know,but getting one is another matter..not too many scrap cobra's around here..be cheaper and much quicker to get mine shortened at machine shop..thats if its possible??

Shortening your blower snout may be harder than you think.

Work out the length you need then try and find out what car uses it.

Then find the Forum for those who frequent the appropriate Forum and you may find what you need at nominal cost.

If lots of members are discarding (or destroying) superchargers snouts may be cheap.

You'd be surprised how much Google & eBay can save you.

there is a company in america will sell a cobra snout in excahnge for yours, its 150 dollars plus a core charge till they recieve yours, do a search on ebay.com for eaton snouts, you will find it, will probably work out cheaper than machining

thanks for replys...i will investigate..may well be cheaper..machine shops charge atleast £50 an hour..you may well be right..

im having to get a shorter one, someone off here is selling me theirs when it arrives, so that makes my charger about 40mm shorter, just enough to get an Tb adapter at the back :)

I honestly think you will spend more money, time and headaches and multiple OOOOPS......It will be cheaper if you get the one that has been made.

attachment.php

there is no need to shorten the jag m112, i did a test fit today, there is about 15cm left behind it when lined up with the aux pulley system :)

yesi know..already on..

Attachments

• IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 140
I would like to see inside your manifold to see how you are bolting down the top plate.

Plus how you going to get to those bolts inside the intake for the charger?

Super Runner,

Did you notice the top plate of the new manifold bolts on.

I'd remove the bolts, remove the top plate and bolt the charger on then bolt the top plate back on, but that's just the way I'd do it.

Zen,

Have you thought about the uneven distribution of air between front/rear cylinders? This has been a problem with the twin screw superchargers.

My front cylinders ran lean and blew #1 cylinder.

Attachments

• LA1.jpg
    LA1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5
  • LA2.jpg
    LA2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 4
  • LA3.jpg
    LA3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 4
Super Runner,

I'd remove the bolts, remove the top plate and bolt the charger on then bolt the top plate back on, but that's just the way I'd do it.

Yes I did, that is why I asked to see inside. I want to see the mounting inside.

Zen,

Have you thought about the uneven distribution of air between front/rear cylinders? This has been a problem with the twin screw superchargers.

On my setup I am going to throw my manifold with supercharger on m flowbench and use baffles to direct part of the flow to the rear.

Super Runner,

Zen,

re how it bolts on..yep your spot on..oh..i see what you mean superrunner...the sides are made of angle,welded to the lower plate,nuts are welded on to the underside of angle( would have tapped the angle,but decided it was not thick enough..) ,the angle has been drilled through..the bolts will have locktight applied when sealing down and copperwashers under the heads..wont leak past them!!

and yes uneven air dis...i have thought about it..but not yet come up with a good solution..but it will involve a baffle to get more air towards rear ports.(which will have to be bolt on,so as i can get to the lower manifold to new upper bolts..).your thoughts??....(my sc outlet is towards front of manifold.)..i wont be using flow bench..you get an idea of the workshop at work..we run plant machinery,sweeper lorries to 22ton diggers..we fix the lot..i am the sparkie (which i am good at...save the boss thousands,just fixing that canbus node in the pic saved him £700,welder (mig),hydrolics and phematics man..workshop main tools are gas cutter..f off hammers,disc cutters..so i will be using my brain to work out what will work..no second chance, need to get it correct first go..

next here is a pic of intake (mk1)it has changeg since this photo,and been fully welded up..now the tb is lower..first 45 goes to 2 more 45's in a s type shape, lowering the tb by 1.5 inches.the straight bit has gone...the intake is held on by 4 bolts that go all the way though it..the bolt holes have a tube welded internally to keep the holes gas tight.ie no air can get in or out via holes wether bolted up or not.

SP_A0229.jpg

next pic is of sc outlet.

SP_A0190.jpg

SP_A0195.jpg

currently it has 2 8mm threads and 4 6mm threads..not good enough to secure sc to upper plate..i intend to enlarge 6mmm threads to 8mm..will this be enough to secure sc down safely? i recon so...if not i can prehaps utilise front upper lugs and rear upper lug and clamp sc down.(not the prefered option!!!!)(see below for lugs)

SP_A0232.jpg

at this stage now..

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?p=104969#post104969

still need info on will 6 m8 bolts holding sc down be enough?

and need info on how bypass valve limits max boost..if indeed it does..(i know how it works at idle etc..) just not sure if it limits max boost or if it can be made too..i recon it can, by using an actuator that works on boost and vac..i expect thats what they do...can you confirm please..?

6 x 8mm bolts should hold it down.

My twin screw has 5 8mm bolts holding it down so 6 should be better.

The by-pass valve only operates at low vacuum so at idle and cruise.

It doesn't limit boost in any way. xcept if it leaks!

A twin diaphram valve may be able to do it but I have no idea as that's one thing I don't want to restrict.