Should I supercharge my 1uz 4runner if I am going to sell?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SuperRunner

So I am in the completion stages of my 1UZ'd 1987 4runner, as in I drove it a few miles yesterday. I already have a supercharger setup from my SC400 that I can bolt up, would just require swapping a few of the parts over, adding an injector resistor and 440cc injectors.

Unfortunatly, I am probably going to have to sell the 4runner as soon as it is complete and I really need to maximize the dollar amount. Do you think it would even be worth adding the M112 supercharger to it(would only take about 6 hours).

4runner also retains IFS and uses a 2" body lift. R150F transmission

What are your thoughts?

If you'll sell this 4runner after completing, then I don't think you'll make more $$ by putting the supercharger on. Normally, you can sell for more by parting out the performance stuffs. Just have the 4runner running like stock and sell the supercharger separately.

Nah, would never sell the supercharger seperatly. If it doesn't go on the 4runner, it will go on the SC400 which will eventually get sold anyway, and I currently have enough materials to make 3 supercharger setups, and I have 2 M112 superchargers. What I would be really putting into this is time. So would the time I spend on it, possibly be worth the extra money. I know it won't be much extra, but it would be a little extra. I got really good deals on the M112's and the materials.

The deal is, the only project I want to keep is my GS300, everything else I want gone.

Last edited:
IMHO. I would say no. For 3 main reasons...
1. Your selling,why spend more $ than necessary?
2. Depending on who's buying, you might not want to add on aftermarket parts, especially those involving any "heavy" work.{might scare some folks,i.e most seniors or those unfamiliar with said component}
3.You will get more for your vehicle by spending some of your FI $ on improving the value of the vehicle by ensuring all scheduled maintainence is done and accounted for{reciepts}

Hope this helps

P.s, just like the others said, keep the supercharger and sell it seperately,you'll get more $ generally speaking

Last edited:
It won't cost me a dime to put the supercharger on it, I already have all the parts.

I guess what I could do, is list my supercharger parts in the for sale section. Question is, who would pay say $1000 for a manifold and M112 with modded water pipe and cam sensor/idler pulley bracket that requires a hole cut out of the hood.

If I couldn't get at least that, it would be better to put it on the 4runner. Either way, I probably won't get $1,000 out of it, so I might as well have some fun with it.

Although valid points, none of them really applied to my situation, so......

supercharged_4runner.jpg

Took me about 5 hours start to finish. Thing HAULS BUTT!!! Unfortunatly the repaired radiator did not hold. Time to go slap some people around that are full-o-crap.

Anybody know how to fix the tubes on an aluminum radiator? Their(special epoxy) didn't hold more than 2 days.