What should EGT's range?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SC400TT

Wassup gang? I have been researching EGT's, exhaust gas temps, and I know that optimallly, one sensor should be placed at each runner within 3" of the head, but since I am not looking for pure race status, and street status, I am wondering what your thoughts are for EGT's in a V8, twin turbo set up where one is trying to get a good average of temps for both headers? I would think in the DP, but I am sure many of you have strong opinions on this...Also, what would you expect the temps to run at normal throttle? I understand that max temps should not go above approximately 1650 F degrees, or approximately 875 C. Please pour on the thoughts and opinions, especially you anal retents like me...CribbJ? Heh, Heh...

Ryan

hi,
the EGT's are conditional on camshaft specs, installed centre line , fuel type, ignition timing, and intake air temp amoungst other things.

More timing u run, generally lowers EGT's
alcohole fuels run lower EGT's

expect a generalized egt number only
bit hard to give exzact number

Wassup gang? I have been researching EGT's, exhaust gas temps, and I know that optimallly, one sensor should be placed at each runner within 3" of the head, but since I am not looking for pure race status, and street status, I am wondering what your thoughts are for EGT's in a V8, twin turbo set up where one is trying to get a good average of temps for both headers? I would think in the DP, but I am sure many of you have strong opinions on this...Also, what would you expect the temps to run at normal throttle? I understand that max temps should not go above approximately 1650 F degrees, or approximately 875 C. Please pour on the thoughts and opinions, especially you anal retents like me...CribbJ? Heh, Heh...

Ryan

Funny you should mention this Ryan, I was monitoring the EGT's just the other day on the FCar. That car has a temperature monitoring & overtemperature protection system on the cats, such that if either cat gets above 1750 degrees, plus or minus, it'll shut off the injectors on that bank, and you get to limp home on six cylinders. It uses a type K thermocouple imbedded in each cat, and the Motronic ECU's on each side take care of shutting things down.

Anyway, I've seen about 800 degrees F at idle (but keep in mind this is at the cats, not at the exhaust headers) and as high as about 1400 degrees F after a run. Next time I'm home, I'll hook up the laptop to the OBDII port and take it for a "spirited" run and see how high they get. I think I can log those, so if I succeed, I'll post 'em. Not the same as what you'll see at the headers of your turbo car, but something to go by.