What should the range for TPS be?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jesus-Ninja

I'm reading TPS with Techstream. The lowest it seems to go, with the butterfly closed is 11%. The maximum is 86% - this is by manually pushing the butterfly too it's limits. Allowing the DBW to move the butterfly (and visually inspecting that it is indeed open / closed) give's readings of 14% and 80% respectively.

This wouldn't seem to be what I might expect (i.e. 0 to 100%) and might explain some of my running issues.

Time for a new TPS?

Last edited:
5% - 98% (by pressing the pedal) according to my Spitronics software.

That's kind of my point. With the TPS off, I got 0 to 90, installed was about 14 to 80. I expected something nearer your range.

Perhaps it doesn't matter. It's within the range in the workshop manual (such as it is, being over 60 at WOT) but it just struck me as odd, and was a natural area of suspicion given that my issues were at WOT. .

Bushwhacker
1 That's ETCS-i, not just cable linked butterfly
2 For some reason, diagnostic output of Toyota ECU has nothing to do with real throttle opening angle in case of ETCS-i system. It's more of a conventional value telling particular things about the system's closed loop condition. Comparing Spitronics' output to that of Techstream is pretty much like comparing rod to orifice.

Last edited:
its just like the gm fly by wire

idle is 18%
full throttle is 86%

fbw is not like any aftermarket ecu where u calibrate tps to go from 0 to 100

if its within specs don't touch it