Sensor identification help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ShotGun

Good day all,
Could anyone please point me somewhere or help me identify all the sensors on a 1uz-fe and where would I get hold of a laptop interface cable to map a 1uz-fe or can I build one myself?

Thanks to all

lexus sensors & laptop interface cable

I am from Kimberley and are building a 1UZ-FE Lexus V8 into an 2003 Toyota Hilux 3.0KZ-TE single cab 2wd raised body bakkie.

I am using a Spitronic's ECU and they sold it to me as a kit - ECU, Injector wiring Harness, 36-1 crank trigger gear, Engine wiring harness, relays, software for laptop computer, ECU manual for R3050 incl VAT. Laptop USB to RS232 interface cable - R120.00, external high pressure pump - R695.00. Find them on www.spitronics.co.za. According to them the engine will start and run fine with their pre-loaded software in the ECU with no need to dyno, there are however a dyno map available on the website under downloads that was taken from a Toyota Condor - Lexus 1UZ-FE conversion that get 8,5km/lt petrol.

I am using original R151 Toyota Hilux 3.0KZ-TE gearbox with original 3.727 Toyota diff with diff-lock. Tyres original size - 245/75R15.

Engine to gearbox fitment was done with an cast bellhousing from AACC (Adapter and Conversion Centre) Gezina, Pretoria. They supplied me with the bellhousing, steel billet flywheel, clutch kit with high clamping force(Toyota Dyna), release bearing, clutch fork and all bolts needed to fit all components for R7500.00 incl VAT(see their add in the "Speed and Sound" magazine).

when u say laptop interface cable it could mean a million things
you cannot map a std ecu
why not buy a proper aftermarket ecu
one that doesnt need a different crank trigger wheel

what is yr budget first
as this will determine how good a computer u can buy

if u really need a guide on what sensor does what i dont htink u should be tuning or fitting yr own ecu

cant be too hard
crank is near crank pulley and lh cam sensor is left front of engine
8 injectors cant be too hard
tps on the butterfly last time i looked
and coolant is green plug under front cover on right bank

dont really need much else

Attachments

• Exhaust-Man-180.jpg
    Exhaust-Man-180.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 1UZ-and-HX55.jpg
    1UZ-and-HX55.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 20
Sensors

I know what all the sensors are doing, I am installing an aftermarket ecu that is using the crank angle sensor, Tps, watertemp sensor, lambda sensors and aftermarket map sensor. Go check at www.spitronics.co.za in the downloads section under drawings - lexus 5v mag wiring diagram, this is what I am using, fully tuneable and standard ecu not even necesary to run the engine. They have got a gearbox controller also for the lexus auto box, see at their website.

This system is better than Gotech Pro, Microtech, Dictator or Mr Turbo aftermarket ecu's currently available in South Africa.

i was talking to shotgun

australai used to lead the world in aftermarket ecus
anyway they all do the same shhhhiitt
some just abit faster than others
but they can all be craapp if u dont know how to tune them properly
so lets hope someone in yr country knows about them inside and out
cause tis the small tricks in tuning that actually make the car nice to drive
its not just the flat out pedal to the floor driving cause tining that part is very easy

for simplest of installations i like microtech
u dont ave to touch the engine
just wire it up in an hour or so and it will start