1UZ EGR delete - resistor install with 6-pin connector (temp sensor integrated?)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme

Administrator
Staff member
Gents, trying to help a customer who deleted the EGR system on a '93 LS400 and is suddenly getting a CEL.

25620-50020 4.jpg
(click for larger image)

On the 25620-50020 EGR valve (for 93-94 SC400 or 92-95 LS400) with the 6-pin connector (pictured) is the temp sensor integrated into the valve? I'm familiar with the EGR valves with an external temp sensor, not this one.

It's the 6-pin connector EGR valve that seems to need resistance to clear the code. Unplug that connector and we get a CEL. He's plugged the EGR back in now but we need to figure out which contacts in the 6-pin connector need resistance.

25620-50020 3.jpg
(click for larger image)

We're stumped where to install a resistor.

Again, not certain if the temp sensor is integrated with this valve or there is an external one.

Here is a guy with the same 6-pin connector who says he has an external temp sensor: sc400 EGR DELETE --still throwing CEL code 71 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
And here you can see the part: 1993 Lexus LS400 EGR Valve Temperature Sensor - NGK EA0070

Any help? @gloverman @Zuffen Others?

Last edited:
I have the same issue with a 97 SC 400. If you take a meter and measure resistance on the six pin you will find that there is 22 ohms resistance from the center pin to the pin on either side of it and there are two rows of pins so upper row & lower row and they all come out 22 ohms. I'm going to run it by me buddy that's a wizard at auto electronics but I'm thinking 4 resistors at 22 ohms ea. Solder 2 on the center wire and connect to the 2 wires, one on each side of it x 2 rows. I'll post a follow up if this works

I have the same issue with a 97 SC 400. If you take a meter and measure resistance on the six pin you will find that there is 22 ohms resistance from the center pin to the pin on either side of it and there are two rows of pins so upper row & lower row and they all come out 22 ohms. I'm going to run it by me buddy that's a wizard at auto electronics but I'm thinking 4 resistors at 22 ohms ea. Solder 2 on the center wire and connect to the 2 wires, one on each side of it x 2 rows. I'll post a follow up if this works
Please do!

Can you update on this?