Project Thread SC400TT idea

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

foreverpsycotic

After conversing with cj90 about his setup, I am strongly thinking about getting out of my 1jz single supra w/ a HX35 and getting into an SC400. I love the idea of his about using twin CT26 turbos at stock (6.8psi) boost.
Would the crown logs be a good foundation for twin manifolds? I would use them, and make a pipe that would bring the turbos up front, where the stock airbox and battery locations are, then run them to a y pipe in the front bumper location and strait up to the intake manifold, essentially a hot air setup. Would this be fine with stock injectors and a meth/water kit?
I am also thinking about twin 2.5" downpipes to the stock catback, with a catless x-pipe.

Will the stock trans hold up? Should I try and use a frontmount, or just keep the hot air idea? Will the stock injectors be enough for a low boost application?

Thanks in advance.

After conversing with cj90 about his setup, I am strongly thinking about getting out of my 1jz single supra w/ a HX35 and getting into an SC400. I love the idea of his about using twin CT26 turbos at stock (6.8psi) boost.
Would the crown logs be a good foundation for twin manifolds? I would use them, and make a pipe that would bring the turbos up front, where the stock airbox and battery locations are, then run them to a y pipe in the front bumper location and strait up to the intake manifold, essentially a hot air setup. Would this be fine with stock injectors and a meth/water kit?
I am also thinking about twin 2.5" downpipes to the stock catback, with a catless x-pipe.

Will the stock trans hold up? Should I try and use a frontmount, or just keep the hot air idea? Will the stock injectors be enough for a low boost application?

Thanks in advance.
I'm surprised no one responded to this hot project. I guess it's because there're several people already had similar setup.

For your question, the tranny will hold up at 7 psi fine. I ran 9 psi with no problem, and planning 12-15 psi with it. To be insured, an extra tranny cooler will help a lot. Log manifolds will be just fine for your boost. An intercooler will be better for colder air, even 7 psi wouldn't require it. I'd go for the intercooler. Good luck on your project.

I think if you want internal wastegate will save yourself alot of plumbing headaches.

Attachments

• DSC00168.JPG
    DSC00168.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00169.JPG
    DSC00169.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00170.JPG
    DSC00170.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00171.JPG
    DSC00171.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00172.JPG
    DSC00172.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00173.JPG
    DSC00173.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00174.JPG
    DSC00174.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00175.JPG
    DSC00175.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 3
I wouldn't bother with the CT26...not that it's a bad turbo but a bloody huge turbine section that makes it hard to fit. A coupla smallish Garretts or KKRs would be the go and are so cheap these days why would you bother with a used turbo?

I think if you want internal wastegate will save yourself alot of plumbing headaches.

They come internally gated only.

I wouldn't bother with the CT26...not that it's a bad turbo but a bloody huge turbine section that makes it hard to fit. A coupla smallish Garretts or KKRs would be the go and are so cheap these days why would you bother with a used turbo?

Because I have one that was rebuilt recently, and another I can grab for cheap.