bad idea? 2 - 1 o2 sensor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bcjammerx

My brain is split on this...but here goes. So my project car has a 1uz-fe and has a bad o2 sensor, it's nothing fancy just all stock...so while I'm saving up to replace them both I had a wild idea...she doesn't have cats so why not plug the upstream holes and just use one o2 sensor and split the wires to the ecu as if there were two.

I'm assuming there's some load/resistance issues I'm not taking into account regarding the wiring, and I also assume that if I wanted the best performance I wouldn't want to do this...right? I also realize it would be more work to plug those holes and make a new one past the y-pipe than just replacing the bad one ;)

So aside from all my common sense reasons I'm still left wondering, would this THEORETICALLY work? Again this is just a wild idea... why ask if I'm not serious about doing it? Well I'm always toying with ideas that never leave my brain ;) if for no reason than to better my understanding. Thoughts?

hmm...couldn't edit...to clarify I mean running one o2 further downstream past the y pipe as the "upstream" o2 sensor and having the ecu read input from just the one as if it were reading from two...hmmm...that's gotta throw a code for sure lol