HKS 3037's......... good for SC400TT ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

YZFR1

OK, my friend offered me a great deal on the HKS 3037's that he had in his supra for about a month....... he switched back to the 2835's for some reason....... He still doesn't know i'm getting the SC400............... hahhaa.... so i am going to go with these it seems in a TT car...... I probably won't be able to get it done till next year, but at least its a dream.......... I'll pick the Turbos up this week though.... Anyway........ Any thoughts on these in a SC400TT ap?

Thanks.

Dan

Lextreme said:
Do u have a compressor map for the HKS3037 Would this help a little www.lextreme.com/GT.html
Saved........ Lex, i am still relatively new at this...... i know a little about alot of things..... I am very thankful to have a forum like this though........ As we all should be.... Thanks again for everything.........

Dan

Again, as always thanks........ I was just reading up on your SSTT...... wow....... I wish i could do the same...... a Sequential type setup would be amazing....

Might i ask, what are we planning on doing for a tranny?

Thanks......

Dan

The 3037's would work fine on the 1uz. You won't get the best response since they are larger turbos but they make enough power to keep you happy.
I have a feeling your friend switched back to the 2835's due to lag issues with the 3037's since the Supra is a 3 liter engine.
With a 4 liter engine I imagine the lag won't be too bad. Just make sure to build up the 1uz to be able to handle higher boost.

Chris

Hey Chris...... this is going to be a time consuming project it seeems anyway..... Maybe i will just buy another engine and leave it at my boys shop....... We can do it right..... just will take time.... I am still a little lost though as far as the tranny goes....... any ideas?

Dan

If you can I would adapt the Getrag 6 speed from the TT Supra MKIV to the 1uz. With a Tilton Clutch or RPS Carbon on Carbon Clutch it will hold all the power/tq the 3037's can make.

bobadrift said:
If you can I would adapt the Getrag 6 speed from the TT Supra MKIV to the 1uz. With a Tilton Clutch or RPS Carbon on Carbon Clutch it will hold all the power/tq the 3037's can make.

I was really thinking of this as well.........either way i am going to pay for a tranny...... What is an estimate on the Getrag 6 speed swap including the interior....?? Thanks

Dan

I'm not sure the full cost of the swap but the tranny is usually on sale on supraforums. Check their classified section and I saw one in particular for $1,000.
The main cost will be adapting the 6spd to the 1uz. There is a company in Aus at the moment that is in the process of making these though. It is elsewhere in this forum. I know Rod millen Motorsports made an adapter when they built the IS430 but it is not known if they made or will make more.
Also the cost will depend on who you go to for the swap. In California there are several companies that are capable of the swap but be prepared to pay a pretty penny.
I say as a max estimate be prepared to pay $5k-$6k total for everything installed but can be less.

Lextreme said:
I wonder what kind of prices you are getting on those HKS. I know they are very expensive and high demand too.
I don't think you want to know....... ; )

I am sure i could flip them and nearly double my money...... But why? : )

OK, picked them up today :) Maybe i wasn't right about a good deal on them....... They have about 500 miles on them........ What would be a good price for them?

Dan