SC400 with 6 speed

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I know Neil Griffiths had done it and few others are doing. Seems like the total swap procedure and parts are very secretive. Can some experts explain the parts and mods require for do this task? People with SC400 or Soarer would love to know.

i don't think we're trying to be secretive... it's just a really difficult job....

i've been at my engineer/machinist place alot lately working out our options to get this damn adaptor plate done.

try http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227

oz goes into abit of detail about what is involved... and it sure aint easy.

i spoke to Jeff from Dellow's and i brought in my v160 for him to take a look at and he nearly had a heart attack..... he said he didn't want to do an adaptor plate but would consider a whole replacement bellhousing to fit onto the gearbox main housing. Either way, this thing is gonna be costly. Jeff still hasnt called me back, so i'm guessing it might not happen.

sc400 people will have to go through as much trouble as us, but the soarer guys with the 1jz shouldnt have much trouble as the v160 bolts to the engine and only requires small mods to fit to the car.

i am really starting to consider machining off the gearbox flange and welding on a new flange to suit the 1uz. This will cost alot less, and add to that the cost of a replacement OEM bellhousing (just in case i need it for a 2jz in the future) might still cost less than an adaptor plate or bellhousing.

Anyhow, will let you guys know when i make any progress.

go the adaptor plate

HI guys i tell you that the adaptor plate is not that hard to make but it does take some time i gave most of the details about making it in my post on the sale of the 6 speed box . You dont need any fancy machines just a drill press and a jig saw or just pay to have the centre of the plate cut out with a plazma or lazer .
I will post a pic of the adaptor plate tommorow nite.
on this thread.

I am going the mill off old, weld on new flange route. I -should- be gettig my test flange back in a couple of weeks. If the holes all line up, I could probably turn some of these out, in say, 3/4" eventually. You would have to be responsible for the milling of the old and welding of the new flange. BTW, a stock bellhousing is around $500, so if you ruin yours, all is not lost...

Thanks for the pics... helps alot to know what it should look like in the end.... the "custom" mod to the v160 bellhousing is alot less painful than i thought it would be.

Oz, any luck with your sale so far? im thinking it wont be long till someone comes across it and buys it.

i emailed Holinger today just cos i could lol, to see wat they could make to fit a 1 uz,
Rd6 H pattern gearbox would cost $17,000 AUD plus GST and a 6 week wait lol. im thinking the price is exactly why there only used in race cars lol.

yeah Hollinger's aren't too "streetable" at those prices.... i wonder how much it woukld hurt to break one... hehe

hey Oz, just curious mate, would you be interested in producing v160-1uzfe kits??? my machinist is really beating around the bush.... he must be heaps busy or something.

kits!!

Hi i was just hoping to sell my box and adaptor plate as a complete set up .
I could make adaptor kits to suit but i have so much work on at the moment that it would be 3months before i could look at making them.

OZ.