sc400 vs. gs400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

I always wondered why this is and haven't brought it up until now. In 98 both the sc and gs got the vvt-i engine and 5 speed auto. Why is the gs claimed to be so much faster 5.7 0-60 vs. 6.3 0-60 and 14.3 1/4 vs. 14.7 1/4 (these numbers are just the most common claims i have found). I know the sc was rated 10hp lower and that had to do with intake or exhuast manifold or something (can't remember). But the sc was rated at 100lbs lighter and only 10 hp down, these number don't make sense. Does the vvt-i sc make significantly less hp than the gs? Did this quicker from factory performance cause the gs to get all of the attention as far as aftermarket support and the preferred offspring over at club lexus?

Possible transmission or final gear ratio. I think all the attention the GS got is primary from the owner age group. GS owners tend to be slightly younger then most SC owners and the younger owners tend to spend money on their car. Basically, there are greater demand for performance parts on the GS line.