reliable 1000hp?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Deano

Hey everyone. New here and enjoy the reading.
I am purchasing a high end boat this winter and want to make it a one off custom piece. As you all know, blown chevy engines are the norm for any high hp engine in the industy. I have been around alot of blower/turbo set ups.
Is it possible to get a "reliable" 1000hp plus out of a 1uz engine. I would love to build one of these things.

We have seen 1000 hp in this forum already. Reliability need to be define. I have seen 6 psi 1uzfe is not reliable with bunch of problems. I would say properly setup can be reliable at 1000 hp. However, I think abuse would break anything and everything.

I think abuse would break anything and everything.

Agreed. I have a boat with a 800hp blower set up right now. It is build right and can redline (5200) up and down the river all day long with out a problem.
I know these engines love reving up. The overhead cams are great. four bolt mains. Seems like a pretty stout engine in stock form. With the proper crank, rods, pistons, etc... The block will hold up, right?

For a "reliable" 1000hp you need twin turbos with at least 600hp compressors or a single with a 1100+hp compressor. Those are pretty big units to expect low RPM boost from needed to plane.

Hard to beat the availabilty and output of a big block chevy. Personally, for a more modern engine an iron block 6.0 liter LS1 based engine would have benefits and would be easier to reach your goals with a driveable engine at low speeds. JMO.