1000hp+ 1UZ at WSID this weekend (Syd)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nath

Hi everyone,

I managed to get out to Western Sydney International Dragway for the opening season East Coast Nationals.

Unfortunatly It was rained out as the Pirhana Racing team were on the start line.

Bummer.

I had a chat to the lads and got to see their awsome 1000+hp 1uz close up.

It's running mechanical fuel injection and a Roots style 8:71 on a sheet metal manifold, a dry sump and a massive crank support.

I got word they are running chevy Rods in it too, with the crank being modified to suit.

If you are going to WSID www.wsid.com.au this weekend then check them out, They are running in Supercharged Outlaws class.

Nath

Interesting info.. can some one take some pictures and more details on the Rods. Sounds very motivating. I guess i am not the first to use Chevy rods on the uzfe engine.

rods

I don't think the engine will be stripped over the weekend, perhaps it will but I know these guys run on a tight budget and will be trying not to hurt their engine. As they said to me, "We're doing all our own research, no one else is running this engine at this level."

I was unable to speak to the head honcho of the team but his son, who was unable to fill in all the details.

I will probably not be able to go back out there on the weekend but Zuffen or some other Sydney locals may want to take the trip?

Well worth it, lust look for the only trailer in the pits with Lexus written all over it!

Nath