Rebuild kit for V8 GM 500 CID

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mshawari1

I know its V8 Toyota forum but maybe some one can help in this.

One of my friend's buy a marine 8.2l chevy engine and he is looking for rebuild parts with no luck….
Dose some one know from where I can get that parts, also if some know about the output power for that engine because if it is worth it I can buy it!!!

B.R.

It is petrol engine.. I figure that its called 502 CID 8.2 L
After I search in the net I find The rebuild kit including the rings and pistons about 1000 USD..

That engine output about 500 HP !!!! what you think ??

Its a BBC with 4.47 bore / 4" stroke...
Yep Summit racing or jegs....
You'll have to measure bore and crank to get correct rings, bearings...
Pay attention to the extra bore size...

The Caddy engine is a 454cid... The biggest GM engine that I am aware of is the 572cid crate motor and it is a monster......

Nope, there is an 8.2 liter caddy engine, just saw on in new york with 8.2 liter on the side and i remember kurt vonnegut mentioning them in one of his books, then i looked into it, torque monster and the car was fwd.

While most of the old Caddy's were 472 cid the Eldorado had the 501 cid/8.1 liter engine.

The engine in question in this thread is the GM factory tall deck marine 502 cid.

In any case you'll have to measure the bore and crank journals to get correct size.. Tmk the better/ stroked BBC's have four bolt mains etc The caddy engine didn't..

454 is definetely GM/Chevy...For some reason I thought some of the older Caddy's carried that same motor...MY BAD!!!

Anyway, the BBC 454's have always been one the most popular big iron block motors to toy around with in past years...

I actually called the local yards today looking for an older 454 BBC and I found one that came out of a Chevy Caprice for $600... I am sure you can make some good ole N/A power out of that...

I am glad this came up. Gave me a chance to CORRECT my over 30 year old memories. I used to walk by a 1970 Cadillac Eldorado with 8.2 liter badges every day when I was a kid. Those old memories somehow thought 8.1 liters. I stand corrected. Here is and example of that fender badge.

80CAD-05.jpg

The NEXT part to be corrected is the 501 cid memory. Doing the math shows in fact 499+cid = 500 not 501. The REASON for this memory is next door neighbor had a Sedan De Ville with the 500cid. I asked to see the engine and on the engine sticker in LARGE numbers was 501. In fact this is the emissions code for the 500 and turns out in small print under the 501 it then says 500 cu in. Since I did NOT know a liter from a martian in the 1970s I thought AH-HA... 8.2 liters = 501 cid since EVERY other dang engine sticker on EVERY OTHER ENGINE stated its size in CID. So, I have FIXED both my bad memory and the 501 mystery in one shot!!! :squareeyed:

Mysteries and memories solved and fixed.

This is WHY eye witness evidence is NOT as good as physical evidence. Our eyes and minds and butt-meters can fool and confuse.

80CAD-17.jpg

FYI, here is a 500cid Caddilac V8. It is completely different than a Chevrolet 454cid and shares NO parts. This was back when each GM division had it OWN engine. Buick, Pontiac and Oldsmobile all had 455cid engines but each one was a separate design and there were no common parts between longblocks.

MVC-009F.jpg

Here is a Caddy getting it ON.

wheelsup.jpg

Wow, another good post John... A true trip down memory lane for some...

I was really fond of those old tank of a car classic's called the " 1961 Lincoln Contentential" equiped with the suicide doors of course...The only car that I know that is bigger and more luxurious for it's time then the above mentioned Caddy..

The little picture is of 1966 2 door convert..

My former tenant got 6 miles a gallon in his 100% restored 1961 Lincoln classic.. I have driven in it and it is soo dammmn biggggg...

I want to say the 460ci motor is sitting under the hood of that car but I can't say for sure..

… that is the car let you feel happy will driven it… big torque + good power, comfortable suspension and classical look..
IMO, The best classical car is the "1978 Chrysler New Yorker" 440 CID.

Some here show me a 1969 Lincoln and it was very nice.. some one about the engine in this car?