RDMs TTsc400-update..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chrisman

i should probl post this in the trans and drivetrain section--but anyway..
i FINALLY have gotton a chance to get trhe car back to the shop..
if you guys remember, rdm had locked trhe differential which broke the input shaft of the trans..
i switched out the diff and switched out the input shaft, but did not go into the trans.. i also made the new intake with the 8 aux injectors and installed at the same time.. long story short, i thought the trans was "not right" and asked rdm not to drive it.. well i was finally able to get the trans on a table and pulled it apart-- and yes there was damage to the internals.. a sprag or sometimes called a one way clutch-which is really kinda a one way bearing--failed..
the "shock" of locking up the diff which snapped the input shaft also damaged the sprag.. the trans would still work, but in some forward gears was struggling.. mind you, it was not slipping, but felt like it was in 2 gears at once..
upon dissasemby, the previously installed blue clutches looked fine, although i will need to change some out..
i will need to replace the sprag, and a few hard parts, but do have a few spare trans around..
i might be able to get it together this weekend--i know rdm is counting the seconds..
before i decided to take it easy on the car i had rough tuned the 8 aux injector setup.. since, i have gotton a wideband and a data logger and a bunch of "cool stuff/tools" and i also want to get this thing running good/tuned and back to a track..
so if your in the chicago area, keep an eye open for it..

heres the latest-- if anyone is reading this stuff..

the trans and car are together and working very well-- i have been able to get some driving/tunning on it.. it seems to be running very well, and almost ready for the track.. i would like to get it there on thursday, but there is no real hurry.. it will be soon..
the extra injector setup really seems to make a huge difference.. believe me, you really know when they come on.. this heavy car really starts moving along very well..
we pulled away from a buddys nitrous'd mustang at over 130-during a highway pull.. anyway, if we get to the track--il try and get vid and sound for you guys..--and maybee some "new and improved" numbers..:)

Chris:

Great news!! Glad to see it working out for ya. I am anxiously awaiting the new numbers...The potential of this V8 is awesome...

Ryan

Chris, sent ya a PM...

Ryan

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 3
  • MVC-042S.JPG
    MVC-042S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-033S.JPG
    MVC-033S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-044S.JPG
    MVC-044S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 1
  • MVC-034S.JPG
    MVC-034S.JPG
  • MVC-050S.JPG
    MVC-050S.JPG
  • rear shot blank plate.JPG
    rear shot blank plate.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1
we did get to the track on thursday.. we were able to get a few runs in.. i would have liked to get some tunning time in, but rdm wanted to get there to meet up with some friends..
we got the car to what we had run before --13.7 at about 109..
this is using the new injector setup-.. i wanted to start turning up the boost--but his engine was really starting to smoke so we decided to quit for the day.. it always kind smoked a bit, but thursday it was really getting noticeable..
i know i was getting close/safe with the tunning.. it was at about 11.5 afr at the top of the track..but i wanted to start turning up the boost and leaning it out--but thats gonna have to wait..
the trans seemed ok--thats cool.. now i might have to deal with the 160,000 mile engine.. im thinking that we probably are giving the rings/ringlands a hard time and they have had it..
i am leaving for summer soon-- so i think before i go i might just change out the motor for rdm, so he can enjoy the car for the summer, while im gone.. i have the good spare sitting in the corrolla, so it should be an easy proposition..
i will probably be gone for a few months, but should be able to get online in europe... so i can keep up with the "Latest Lextreme Newz".. i kinda wish i was staying here to get the v8 Lexrolla done,,but its no fun working in the summertime..
anyway,, maybe il be able to get rdms car to the track once more before i go..

by the way,, there were a few Lexus at the track.. 2 sc300 with turbos, both owned by local guys named chris.... one car is fresh,the other has been around for a while.. one of the 2 guys i met at the track for the first time.. he is trying to get into the 9s.. these are all clean street cars...

so Lexus was represented well with 3 cars..there was only one supra..

actually, bob wanted me to try and get a motor together before i go to europe this summer--but i just wont have time..i will try and get the spare in for now untill i get back in a couple of months..it would cost him an arm and a leg to get it done by someone else, and i have invested alot of time in the car-- so a little more work is not a big deal.. and i want him to enjoy driving he car around this summer.. it is a nice, one of a kind car, and it would be a shame not to drive it around..
the pistons will get put in the motor when i get back.. i like doing everything myself, so i will be tearing everything apart and assembling.. i will also be doing the heads--nothing special, just a fresh valve job.. but doing both heads-48 valves takes a bit of work/time..i think the motor for the sc will be using the stock rods.. i have a good feeling about them being strong enough.. but the motor for the LexRolla may be getting aftermarket rods.. thats the motor i want big HP from..maybe 1000? it will have to wait till after summer..

david, it looks like you may be the first to 1000--on this side of the world at least.. the pistons look great, and were a great deal.-- i wanted to thank you for that by the way.. and since your gettting them installed soon,,you may be doing some serious boosting..-- you may need an extra set of injectors..well, for the 1000 hp maybe,, just give me a call..

Hey Chris,

I am doing all round ARP Studs (Heads Studs & Main Studs) and a complete valve job with Supra OEM springs, retainers and locks. MLS also being use. Of course forged pistons and rods also.