RDMs TT SC400-dyno results..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chrisman

hi guys,, we were able to get to the dyno tonight for rdms car.. there were still some probs that i have to figure out,more about that later--but we did get some real numbers..
Rear Wheel Horsepower--510..
im very happy with the results,, buy the way, this is at 17-18 psi..
i did no real tunning yet,, but the car felt good,, so we decided to go to the local guys around here and dyno the car.. this is pretty good considering this is an automatic.. the auto trans will use from 15-20 %.. so i am pretty sure the engine is at over 600 hp..
as for some of the probs i need to get at -- the 2 seperate wastegates are not working well with each other.,, remember that there are 2 different turbos on the car.. i have an idea on how i will fix this-- basically it involves having one wastegate actuator moving both wastegates.. but anyway,, rdm now has a laptop,, so he will be doing all of the finetunning himself--its really not that bad,, all he will be tunning is when and how the extra injectors come on..
oh well,, im kinda tired,, so i will post the pics and get back to the thread tommorow.. :approve:

Chris and Bob,

Awesome result. I am currently running 16-18 psi too and i wonder how my car will dyno. I am experiencing some turbo smoking from high rpm so i havent take the car to a shop for dyno yet.

hi david,, what kinda of supply line are you using for the turbo? i like using available brake line.. its cheap, easily bendable,and can withstand pressure and heat.. it sounds like your oil supply to the turbo is just to big,, rdms is small,,i cant remember the size right now-- but from my experience, the turbo oil supply line does not need to be to large..
anyway,, thanks for the comps guys..
a couple things of note from yesterday.. at first we were experiencing some wierd fluctuations under alot of boost--this was quickly traced back to a manual boost controller and the fact of having 2 seperate wastegate actuators.. what i need to do on rdms car is tie the 2 wastegates together some how, so they open and close together--mechanically--remember that we are using the toyota "built in flapper valves" on the exhaust/turbine housings....the easist way is making/using a "tie rod" type contraption-- sinds kinda hokie.. but this will ensure that if one wastegates opens, the other opens at exatly the same time, and at exactly the same amount..
another point of note-- we are still using toyota ecu--and not pulling ANY timing.. i was worried about this at first,, but as the night went on,, i was ok with it.. at no time at the dyno, or after during the late night crusing did i hear any detonation.. now i know alot of guys are gonna give me grief,, but i think that we are getting away with this because we are adding alot of fuel with the extra injectors.. during the dyno pulls, i had my wideband on and was data logging-- but i remember seeing the air fuel as low as 9.5 to 1.. thats way rich--to rich.. but this was just an initial dyno session with no tunning taking place.. i have not downloaded the sessions on my computer yet,, but i will be looking at them carefully today sometime..
lastly,, today is the last day the local track is , or was supposed to be open,, but of course its raining.. but rdm did end up getting one of those "g-tech type things"--i think its made by autometer and called D-pic or something.. so as soona s we are able,, we will take some video, and post some of thse results.. Driving around last night was actually kinda of a blast.. the car was running and feeling great-- and just from how i felt it was running,, i feel cofident enough to say it will do 120 mph+ in the quarter,, but that remains to be seen/proven.. but again,, i will try and get some vids posted or something as soon as i can..
anyway,, talk to you guys later..

hi max--im sure the run is still in the dynos file..--take a look..but from what see, its over 500 hp from 5400 rpm to 6300 rpm..
max-- get going on your v8 supra.. give me a call-anytime..winter around here is ONLY good for getting projects done....