Question on the waterpump bolts.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Comrade_Charlie

Ok I bought a 92 lexus for 300 that needed a water pump. I get the car and its already torn down to the water pump, bolts already taken out, this is my first ls400 so I dont know what goes where, im usually good at this if Im the one that took the car apart.

Here is where im at now, I just put bolts in that worked, I wanted to get it tight before the silicone dried. Yes this is a used water pump, if this one doesnt work Ill dish out the 100 and something dollars and get a new one, but for now this should work.

imgp0027t.jpg

If yall could tell me what goes where, I labeled the holes/bolts
imgp0027o.jpg

and I have no clue where these 3 long bolts go., I assume I leave some bolts out of the holes for the pulleys and accesories, I just dont know which ones.
imgp0030w.jpg

Those holes are where the tensioner and its bracket, and the hydraulic fan drive bracket go. If you don't intend to use the hydraulic fan drive, there's an idler bracket you can get from the 2UZ and use instead. See pics below:

How do you actually adjust the timing belt tensioner on the passenger side. do you just undo the 8mm allen bolt, then put the belt on, then tighten it back up. I pulled the long thing off too, the "timing belt tensioner"

I saw no way how this tensions the timing belt. do you just leave the 8mm allen bolt alone and install this and it tightens the belt enough by pushing up on the pulley.

timingbelt22.jpg

I havnt undone that 8mm allen bolt yet, because I have to go buy a socket for it. Should I remove/loosen it, is that how to adjust the belt tightness. I have the belt on there all lined up and ziptied on the cam gears so it doesnt come out of timing.

timingbelt31.jpg

Sorry for all the issues but this is 10 times more complex than my usual 1985 Nissan LOL.

You're right it pushes up on the idler arm and tensions the belt.

You need to compress the tensioner in a vice and intall a probe/hex key or rod in the hole and keep it compressed.

Install the tensioner then remove the pin holding it shut.

Once released it will tension the system.

If thats gonna be any help, I can snap a pic of my engine on monday when I get back from vacation - my car is sitting right now with timing belt taking off, so I can get a good pic of water pump.

Also, judging from the looks of this engine, your cam and crank seals are leaking really badly. Now that you have the timing belt removed, they are easy to replace. You should replace them and wash the engine with some degreaser.