Please I need answers for tommorow! HELP!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toxsickcity

Hello,

My last post was not answered.. okay

but I have a multimeter..

how can I test the sensors with the multimeter to find what power pins would be and signal pin..

would one of the pins be 0ohms with the chassis? gnd???

anyone help... if you can answer my other post that would help me greatfull!

thanks guys... tommorow is the day... YES FINALLY.. not a bad wait either... they are fast workers at the garage... unusual for thai people usually they take their time!! hahaha

Toxsick, your questions in this post are so general that I'll be surprised if you receive an informed response.

Why don't you rephrase your questions with some more specific information, such as:

1) Which sensor(s) are you talking about?

2) Which post was not answered? (Most people aren't going to take the time to search, so it would be helpful if you included a link to your unanswered post.)

Not trying to bust your balls here, just to help you help yourself to get a good response.

or u can put a couple hundred bucks into my bank account and ill help u over the phone till yr credit runs out

hehehehe

today I found that B+ on the auto gear selector and one wire from the sensor are connected.. so that leaves 2 wires but the hell with this place.

Shaun, you seem to have the attitude that everyone here is "obliged" to help you. We're all amateurs and enthusiasts, and try to help where ever we can, but no one is obliged to be here or to help.

There are probably not that many here who have done what you're doing, and those who have (like Sideshow) make their living from it, and aren't liable to turn loose of that information for free.

Recommend you chill out a little.

hehe someone has the poo poos

if u can get my bank to not worry bout my next few mortgage payments
ill tell u what every f%%%ing wire does from front to rear of yr car

You need to wait a bit longer than one day for answers!

If you mesure the resistance between the 12V wire and each of the two remaining ones, one will have a resistance (can't remember what it is) and the other will show as open circuit or very high resistance. The open circuit one is the ground wire and the other is the signal wire. the circuit inside the sensor is an NPN transistor with the emitter conected to ground and the collector connected to the signal output with a resistor to the 12v input. if that makes sense.

The problem is that the speed sensors don't connect directly to the ECT. one sensor goes to the ABS module and the other one goes to the instrument cluster. Once the signals have been processed they are then both sent to the ECT. I'm not sure of the numbers but the speed signals are converter from something like 20 pulses per rev to 4 pulses before being sent to the ECT. So you will need some sort of adaptor to connect the speed sensors. If you do enough searching you can find this info on this site.

thanks for your reply..I found a diagram about another sensor and noticed the resistor.. so the restance wires would be positive & signal...

also do you know if I can use a JAYCAR speedo signal modifier circuit to change the pulse's per rpm? I use this circuit to adjust my speedo for my sr20 from 200km/h @ 100km/h to 100km/h @ 100km/h

i will give it a try!

It has worked.. but only to half of what I need! as the sensor needs to be reduced from 16pulse, to 4 pulse thats half and half!! each circuit will +/- 199% so I am getting 8pulses!

When I had the speed sensor plugged directly to ECT it was changing gears at very slow speeds. but now it is acceptable.. but I plan to connect 2 of these circuits in series! and that should get my 400% reduction!, well 398% close enough! hahaha

Also I have tested with the wheels off the ground and tried removing the signal to see if the ECT would force it into 1st at a high speed which could result is a BIG ACCIDENT. but it was fine.. after pulling the signal the wheels kept spinning at high speed then when I pushed the brake to stop and started again it was forced into first and stayed as I suspected!

the circuit costs about 50$ unbuilt so it is not cheap and has a easy build difficulty, but this is my only option as I live in Thailand, and dont wish to import a cluster or something else that would be difficult to install?!?!?! and may not work..

I am still playing around with some special signal diodes to try to make 1 circuit work for both SPEEDO & ECT. Maybe I will try adding a transistor.

why would I spend $990 on a sensor when $1000 is about what I payed for my 1UZ whole engine...

and I saved $100 wiring it myself.

and I just said I dont want to import anything.

Whoa there pony boys, sheez haven't some of got the skits happening big time.

Toxsick: the best advice I can give you right now is to settle pettle. No I'm not being a smart ass ,I'm just being extremely frank with you.

The next bit of advice I'm going to give you will save you a mint cause you wont need much of an internet connection to ask questions with. Buy the Workshop Manual for your car and engine. Your in Thialand not China, so as far as I am aware your gonna have to respect a thing called International Copyright Laws. Workship Manuals are Copyrighted so asking for a PDF of the approrpiate Worksop Manual is not only ethically wrong it is also looked down upon under International Law.

If you cant manage either of these things you could try one more tip that will help you a heap. Cut the attitude, ask questions clearly and concisely, and show some good manners when your asking people to help you. You never know it may just do the trick.

okay point taken sorry for the bad manners earlier!

you guys have been very helpfull with the wiring diagrams...
and got me to get the engine running no probs..

thanks guys! glad it is all running now, and it's all over.

I will post when I got another Circuit to mod the speedo to tell if it worked.

and geez the V8 got some serious push.. I wasnt expecting it. I got to feel 2nd gear finally.. It's great. I'd like to see what it feels like in a 1200KG sport like my 180sx.. but even pushing 1800KG it's got BALLS!!!

the speedo sensor for a 4 pulse on my car is only 150 dollars
anyway there are alot fo different types of toyota speed sensders
some are 20 pulse some are 4
lucky i work for a jap importer and have an abundance of spares heheheeh

someone was talking about how I should add NOS! I was thinking but nah..

does anyone have information about using LPG as a low grade NOS? someone told me that alot of people have been doing it.

anyone know about this? they said to use LPG right from the tank when it's still super cold. not to pass it throu the heater

know about this anyone?