Picture of your current 1UZ project(s)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
425 flywheel hp not rear wheel, quite doable with a FI 1uz.

The 1uz is about half the weight and will use half the fuel of a 427, but still be a lot of fun to drive.

I have put an m90 on mine to pep it up a bit, still a way off from getting it on the road though.

That's it, off to the shed to do a bit more.

here's a couple of pics from my project.

KP60 '84 Starlet. Donated from my son-in-law (when he's finished with it)
it will need rollcage and some strenghtening and brakes!!

2nd pic. Can ya feel the power!! 2K power plant.:boggled:

Ken.

Attachments

• MA70 diagram stock.jpg
    MA70 diagram stock.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
  • MA70 diagram terrapin.jpg
    MA70 diagram terrapin.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3
  • MA70 diagram wide base.jpg
    MA70 diagram wide base.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3
  • MA70 diagram reverse wishbone.jpg
    MA70 diagram reverse wishbone.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
I really *really* am looking to do a FFR Cobra replica with a 1UZ and 'a' supercharger but still have much more research to do, motor mounts are going to be a pain since I am pretty sure I will not be able to fabricate them myself....

Damn, I want a 1uz-fe supercharged powered Shelby Cobra replica like Backdraft has...

That would be one hell of a weekend driver to cruise along the coast line...Man, some of you forum members got it made...

Congrats!!!!

I guess the real biggest issue with a cobra replica, especially over here in the UK is the rain and I haven't really seen a *great* convertible roof that seals the interior well... :(

Move here to Sunny Southern California, USA it's always nice weather and the coast lines are wide open for cruis'n...The only thing you have to worry about is getting a speeding ticket or messing up your wig with a conv... Maybe a little forehead sunburn as well...

Yeah London Benji the UK does rain alot, the food is greasy and will stop your heart one day if your not careful, and the chicks are kinda fat ... Other then that you got some good football (soccer players) and the beer on draft is just right and flows... Infact, we recently stole one of your best soccer players to play here on our local soccer team here in LA...

London Ben come on down and bring a Shelby replica with you, also bring a lady friend too because the women here in LA are awefully shallow but beautiful in most cases........

Cheers Benji no pun intended on the UK, I love London and some of the other smaller towns in country side... Love driving on some of the country roads... Good paved roads to say the least...

Lol, I don't know about everywhere else in the world but recently its been health freak central here on foods, big crack down on unhealthy foods and making healthy foods trendy.

Anyways, from what I have heard American food is generally *extremely* unhealthy :D Besides, the last three chicks I dated were proper pint sized cuties, think Christina Millian/Rihanna ;) Shallow women are perfect targets when you have a Cobra if you catch my drift :p

If I come over there it would probably be to work with my company (a certain rapidly expanding Texas hosting company ;) which would mean going to San Antonio.....

As for football (soccer) stars, you can have him, I have absolutely no interest in football at all :D But I would like your weather for my cobra replica :)

Food in America, hmmm? It's definetely a craze here on the West coast...Usually you find the the coast line comunities stress perfect health and diet in a nut shell...Probably because people have to wear shorts and go to the beach alot....I know here in California USA we are so health conscience it's rediculous... We have more health food stores then movie theaters... Alot fit and healthly people here in Southern California..

Now in the South or Mid to Eastern America, we have an obesity problem..People love food, stay indoors all day glued to there Televisions, never excercise...Kids are fat too... So half of the Yanks are pigs and the other half are fit as hell...

That's the best I can describe it...As far as moving to San Antonio Texas, bring a Cowboy hat, levi's and aligator boots...Learn Spanish because that it is close to the Mexican border and the Mex influence is very real..Oh, and make sure your air conditioner in your car and house works...It's hot and ugly down their.. Been their and don't think I will ever go back...

Florida, California, North Carolina, Boston, are just a few nice places to live and or visit..

Top ten foods to eat and drink if you want to live forever.....

1) Green tea
2) Red Wine
3) Garlic
4) Salmon fish
5) mixed nuts
6) oats
7) spinach
8) brocolli
9) blue berries
10) Tomatos

Yeah there is a healthy food craze going on...

sniper whats left on this. its looking close to completion.

check my thread for updates here and there

Id say im about 30% done, i have to actually pull the drivetrain back out because i do not think my flywheel/clutch is properly balanced, and i do not want to blow a clutch up. I am also going to re-make all of my mounts, motor and tranny, the entire car also has yet to be wired, on top of that, i want to add a fuel cell, 10 point cage, ect, one thing keeps leading to another. So it has a ways to go, its almost like i took 5 steps forward and 4 back...

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a few pics of the engine swap ive just started. 1UZ into SWB FJ40 Landcruiser. Not much progress get, just got the engine, need to organise the adapter now...
DSC01923web-1.jpg

DSC01924web.jpg

Boat anchor that came out of the cruiser in the background...
DSC01911web.jpg

ADS Dude!!! I grew up owning and modifing's the FJ40 landcruisers...I had a 327 SBC and a 283 SBC at two different times swapped into my FJ40... To much torque with the 283 SBC and it actually twisted the gearing in the 4 speed manual tranny, in low 4x4 gear of course... I could almost pop wheelies with the big 35's super swampers and when in low gear, it was just sick.....

Would have loved to see a 1uz-fe in my old Landcruiser too COOL!!!!

Top speed sucks on the FJ40's and you will be reving that motor for sure... Still awesome swap!!!!

Are you going for the side exhaust pipes or straights out the back?

ADS Dude!!! I grew up owning and modifing's the FJ40 landcruisers...I had a 327 SBC and a 283 SBC at two different times swapped into my FJ40... To much torque with the 283 SBC and it actually twisted the gearing in the 4 speed manual tranny, in low 4x4 gear of course... I could almost pop wheelies with the big 35's super swampers and when in low gear, it was just sick.....

Would have loved to see a 1uz-fe in my old Landcruiser too COOL!!!!

Top speed sucks on the FJ40's and you will be reving that motor for sure... Still awesome swap!!!!

Are you going for the side exhaust pipes or straights out the back?

Thanks jibbby, when i had the 2F in there i had side exiting exhaust but i want to keep this as legal as i can & it wont pass the engineering cert with them out the side, so i reckon they will go straight through to the back, tucked up nice and high to keep away from rocks etc.

Sounds good, post your finished product with pic's when your done...I would love to get a glance at the whole package and finished product... Also curious to see how it rolls on the freeway with the stock gearing...

Where did you get the bellhousing to mate the 1uz-fe engine to the stock FJ40 manual tranny? I was looking for that for a while and came up short...

No worries jibbby, I haven't got the bellhousing yet, but Dellows Automotive and the Castlemaine Rod Shop over here both sell an adapter kit. I haven't decided which i'll go for yet though.