Oilless Turbos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
" changing the grease every 2 weeks or so doesnt sound to laborsome."

Your`e kidding , right ?

Serious yes, but just speculating. I got to thinking that using a simple grease zert would make maintanence a breeze but new tech almost always has a compromise. Now on the flip side, if the entire turbo needs to be removed from the engine and disassembled, my tune would obviously change. Even if thats the case, at 30-40km or 2 yrs per interval, thats not too scary.

I tried calling them but its sunday so I didnt get an answer. Their description doesnt give instruction on how a lube change is done. Tomorrow i'll try again and have someone explain the steps.

project sc400

Hey guys I'm going to start my FI project in a few months and I'm going to be using oilless turbo's . It's going to be rear mounted running about 15 to 18 psi. I will be posting a progress report as I move along .

Serious yes, but just speculating. I got to thinking that using a simple grease zert would make maintanence a breeze but new tech almost always has a compromise. Now on the flip side, if the entire turbo needs to be removed from the engine and disassembled, my tune would obviously change. Even if thats the case, at 30-40km or 2 yrs per interval, thats not too scary.

I tried calling them but its sunday so I didnt get an answer. Their description doesnt give instruction on how a lube change is done. Tomorrow i'll try again and have someone explain the steps.

Hi, you manage to get hold of these guy`s ? Interested to see how the maintenance part of it all works..

The main benifort would be the angles of fitment.
Oil lubed turbos, also use the positive lubrication as cooling.
In a industrial application, where continuous duty is required, I cannot see how it will live.
Automotive would be ok.
Yes, service interval requirement would be interesting.

Yeah, I've been looking at Comp Turbos. How do they compare to your normal oil-fed turbo (comparing like for like housings, turbines etc.) in terms of reliability, spool speed, flow and power output?

I have a Comp Turbo product, but it isn't oilless. That is done because a car didn't come with a factory unit, not because it is better. Grease has more friction than redline, andy way you try to spin. They are not sold for performance upgrades, even if they market it that way.

Only on models utilizing an off the shelf compressor and housing.

Their site details changing the ratio of blade to center on compressor wheels and that increases air flow area for a given inlet diameter.

NGT was later shortened to GT. NGT being "New Garrett Technology", and GT just sounded better. Upgrading a compressor is independent of the oiling system.

I am somewhat suspect on the long term durability but definitely like the possibilities.

So am I. This looks like a giant book of what not do, and I am just reading it. Powerdyne and others did contained centrifugal blowers. And they all failed the same. It is best to run quality filtered oil through it for long life.

I always wanted to give turbocharging a try and the idea of not requiring oil feed/drain lines w/ tuned restrictor valves, and engine oil heat soak definently simplify the process and reduce variables...

That is exactly what it is done. Ease of install for buyers that are hesitant. My .02...