Oilless Turbos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i've heard good things about the Comp Turbo's a few guys in the US and Europe are using them. fast spool & big power from what they say.

Yeah, I've been looking at Comp Turbos. How do they compare to your normal oil-fed turbo (comparing like for like housings, turbines etc.) in terms of reliability, spool speed, flow and power output?

Yeah, I've been looking at Comp Turbos. How do they compare to your normal oil-fed turbo (comparing like for like housings, turbines etc.) in terms of reliability, spool speed, flow and power output?

from what i have heard spool and reliability are very good. power output matches or exceeds pretty much anything of similar design. my tuner uses them on one of his mates cars, so far he has been very impressed.

Sounds like a really good solution for the cramped Soarer/SC400 engine bays, as you can mount them in virtually any position since you don't need to gravity drain the oil lines.

If these really do have acceptible reliability they will be outstanding for many uses especially low mount and remote mount where a pump is normally used.

Does anyone have pricing?

I think they have 2 versions. One is standard oil turbo, and the other is upgraded to oiless for $600. So the price is only for oil turbo plus $600, if it's to be oiless. I'm wondering if I can send in my turbo to be oiless. :p

Maps will be identical to the oil fed version.

Only on models utilizing an off the shelf compressor and housing.

Their site details changing the ratio of blade to center on compressor wheels and that increases air flow area for a given inlet diameter.

They also use essentiallly axial turbine wheels giving a larger exhaust outlet and lower backpressure all else equal.

I am somewhat suspect on the long term durability but definitely like the possibilities.

I am somewhat suspect on the long term durability but definitely like the possibilities.

I like that the bearings are re greasable. Thats definently a big selling point. If the turbo is top mount, changing the grease every 2 weeks or so doesnt sound to laborsome. I always wanted to give turbocharging a try and the idea of not requiring oil feed/drain lines w/ tuned restrictor valves, and engine oil heat soak definently simplify the process and reduce variables. Tap a coolant circuit and off you go. Obviously heat will be an issue any way you cut it. In the end, requiring one less step/variable to a FI application is progress.

I didnt scope out all their models but if they offer a twin scroll design im very interested.

Notice anything unusual here???

http://www.compturbo.com/projects/theshop_viper

viper2.jpg