single and twin turbos on headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fruitysupra

Hi all. was sat here today thinking why am i going to spend out more on buying twin turbos and not just get a single.
then this sparked off another thought. v8's obviously have exhaust coming out both sides. so do you bolt up the turbo to one side only or do you do it to both.
help my head now hurts from all this thinking

Definitely plumb both sides into a single turbo. Keep one stock manifold and custom make the other for the x over inlet and the turbo itself.
DSC02169.jpg
DSC01003.jpg
DSC00980.jpg
DSC01094.jpg

I may just have a single turbo manifold cast here.It would of course be for my application and not for a std. Lexus or Supra application. May be similar to the Alfa ones I had made.

When the car is a V6, V8, or V10 and if you want to go single turbo, you must have both banks merge to 1 pipe, then go to the turbo. That's not an option if you want the engine to run properly. Imagine if you only 1 turbo on 1 bank, that bank will have much more exhaust back pressure/restrictions than the other bank. Also, the engine temperature on that side will be hotter than the other. However, it'll be ok if you never boost.

thanks for all the info. im slowly putting together a picture of how its going to all fit. on what you say there you can merge the two into one can that then go through one wastegate before going back into the turbo. i cant see why not.

thanks guys. i have however changed my mind yet again but this time for the last time. as i didnt want to start chopping and cutting up and welding the headers ill be getting from rush i have decided to go down the vortech or rotrex supercharger route. this way i can keep the nice looking headers untouched and instead some how work out how the hell im going to get a supercharger all mounted up.

Attachments

• Modified1UUZFlexPlatesm650.jpg
    Modified1UUZFlexPlatesm650.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 11
  • NOSNozzleLocationsm650.jpg
    NOSNozzleLocationsm650.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 11