Twin or single turbo?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
monster torque

Hi guys the torque figure I quoted was tractive effort at the wheels as read by the dyno true torque would be calculated somehow taking into concideration of the diff ratio of 4.11:1. i am not sure how it is worked out but if you divide the torque by the diff ratio it makes 373 ft/lbs. is this correct??
All i know is that it makes heap of torque i have had the wheels spin at 200kph with 225 wide slicks at wakefield park in front of dozens of people.
It should be more sedate now as i have 285 wide slicks for it. and an aero package in development (SeePIC)
It weighs in at 1045 kg or 2300 lbs. i know it can make more power but i dont want to kill the drivability of the cobra or me for that matter

Correct me if I am wrong Ozvenom, but don't you hold the lap record at Wakefield for last years Cobra nationals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a certain Superformance Cobra from Victoria that you need to make mince meat out of.

Last edited by a moderator:
ozvenom said:
Hi guys the torque figure I quoted was tractive effort at the wheels as read by the dyno true torque would be calculated somehow taking into concideration of the diff ratio of 4.11:1. i am not sure how it is worked out but if you divide the torque by the diff ratio it makes 373 ft/lbs. is this correct??

373ft/lbs sounds just right :D

You bring up a point that I have addressed many times in many posts on many forums. HP cannot be multiplied with gearing but torque can. What ever your engines produces (torque wise) is multiplied by the tranny and then by the differential gearing. What reaches the ground is the multiplied torque. Also, below lock up a torque converter multiplies it even more. This is how an engine that produces 400 pounds of torque can cause a wheelie... which is the engines multiplied torque lifting the 1500 lbs plus of the front of the car off the ground !!!

Anyway, as I said before... very nice turbo/car/engine/package!

another perthie here... spoke to a guy who has done the conversion a few times but yeah he convinced me to go for a single setup as i am not chasing MASSIVE power nor a MASSIVE bill, both have potenial but for me the single setup is alot more cost effective as the rest of the car unfortunatly blew my budget further than planned :(
but hey either way its gunna go hard :D