not a uz but... 1jz vvti manual ???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

So im looking into picking up one of these 1jz-gte vvti jzx100 chaser motors to put into a cressida, they only come in automatic. i was wondering if anyone has had any experance with putting a manual on it, does the ecu have an issue with that at all or any other issues? thanks.

2001012478387415665_rs.jpg

I believe they have a little flatter power band then the older TT ones but not a lot more power, i really just think it looks cool and they are cheap, since i don't have a daily driver at the moment I'm looking at passable daily drivers, and one option is a cressida, and put one of these in it, clean it up really nice, have OK power, so on so on... I'm not an automatic car type of driver tho and getting one in manual is hard/imposable but the parts from the older 1jz and 2jz bolts right on making it manual isn't hard at least not the bolt on parts. so hence me asking, making my 1uz manual took no tricks to the ecu so I'm hoping this motor is the same.

You didn't have to trick the ECU? What car was it from (your engine)?

And how cheap are those engines, I've never really seen one on ebay? I guess I'll look for the hell of it. Is it cause they are VVT-i and they're pretty difficult to work with electrically?

kyle my supra has a 1992 sc400 motor.

i dont see why being vvti would make them any harder to work with or install in other cars, thats between the ecu an the engine, get the engine harness and just leave well enough alone. makeing it work in other chasiss should be the same as any engine vvti or not.

i can see things like guages being diffacult or traction control or other items that you end up makeing parts work togather that are from diffrent cars, but vvti doesnt care what chassis its in or have to deal with anything strange parts.