Standalone ECU New Pro EFI Computer sneak preview!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sounds like it's quite an ECU. You're lucky to be there at SP and have all those tuning resources for that ECU so close by.

On the splicing/joining point, I think the aerospace crowd does only crimping, while the heavy industrial side does either solder or crimp, depending whether it's a one-off or a production run.

Choice of one or the other is akin to choosing your religion with some of these guys, but I find it interesting that Cannon & Amphenol are happy to sell both types of pins and sleeves for their connections ;-)

I'm with the crimp crowd until we get to the big heavy stuff that carries lots of current, and doesn't require lots of flexibility; then I like the combination of crimp + solder.

This ecu is now running my 1uz, sequential injection and ignition, idle and knock control, 2x built in uego wideband sensors, traction control, there are many things I have not yet setup like gear based idle, switchable timing/boost maps. Now that Larry at SP has a very good basemap for the 1uz would not hesitate recommending anyone purchasing this unit.

Thats great news and now the consumer software is out as well.

This is still no.1 on my list and will probably be what I run on mine.
Although mine is later model motor with vvti and drive by wire to complicate things.

Attachments

• scan0001s.jpg
    scan0001s.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 11
Max, I forgot if you mentioned it already, but does Richard @ Autosport make a jumper harness for that ECU to adapt it to the Supra harness?

Thats great news and now the consumer software is out as well.

This is still no.1 on my list and will probably be what I run on mine.
Although mine is later model motor with vvti and drive by wire to complicate things.

vvti is already supported by the ecu, drive by wire functionality will be added very soon as IS300 application is currently being developed.

Max, I forgot if you mentioned it already, but does Richard @ Autosport make a jumper harness for that ECU to adapt it to the Supra harness?

John,
You can purchase a jumper harness from Proefi dealers, or just get a connector and pin kit and terminate the stock harness yourself.

Did you wind up having to pull new wires through the firewall for the COP's, or did you use existing conductors that weren't being used anymore, ie for the VSV's? It would be interesting to know about how many new wires had to be pulled.

Looks like a number of mods were made to that gray plug (forgot its name in Toyota-speak) What's that all about? It's been awhile since I planned all my harness mods....

John,
I picked up a complete 2uz-fe harness from a Tundra on ebay a couple of years ago and used the coil connectors, wires from that. There are plenty or extra wires that can be used for coils triggers in the stock 1uz harness.

- Make sure that the injecors and coils are switch on/off directly by the ingnition switch, not EFI main relay.
- ProEFI has no high (12v) triggers, only slow (gnd) so the main efi relay wiring has to altered slightly as factory ecu triggers it on with 12v. This is done in the fusebox.
- No devices(aside from relay triggers) may be powered via main EFI relay, use ignition switch to power widebands heaters.
- for wheel based traction control you need to tap into abs vehicle speed sensors at the abs ecu which is locaed behind the radio, I tapped into passenger side front and rear sensors and run them over to the ecu whithin a shielded cable assembly. The grounds are shared at the ecu.\
- 2step works much like antilag does on the AEM, you build boost very fast. A switch to enable/disable can be used, 2step function is disabled when vehicle speed is above predifined mph.
- high octane map/ high boost swich can be installed
- recommended that you purchase and install oil/fuel pressure senders. these are used by ecu for failsafe. (ie.. fuel pressure not rising with boost at 1 to 1 ratio, oil pressure to low at ceratain rpm will trigger up to 5 separate fail safe evens such as engine light illumination, reduction in boost, reduction in rpm, reduction in ignition timing.. ect...
- purchase a boost control solenoid for boost control, gear or speed dependent.
- ~2000 WV Jetta 2.8 Liter pre-cat 02 sensors are used, they are UEGO type and cost around $55 a piece.
- You will need to purchase the wb02 harness and CAN to USB adapter from a proefi dealer.

The grey Deutsch connector is used to for additional inputs like switches, wheels speed sensors ect..

I posted a xls spreadsheet with all of the supra and 1uz sc400 harness pinouts.. search for it.