Standalone ECU New Pro EFI Computer sneak preview!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cyberdiamond

There is a new plug and play computer that is going to be available shortly.
From controlling the automatic tranny to boost control, to 3 or 4 stages of NOS, this computer can do all of this and more!
All of these features are built into one unit.... no costly add ons!

12 Injector drivers - All with built in Injector drivers

16 Coil Drivers - Yes 16! No more waste spark!

32 Analog inputs! - There are 32 analog inputs which will be preconfigured for anything you want to do... I.E. plug in a fuel pressure sensor and it automatically activates the trims associated with it. Put a Nitrous pressure sensor on your car and the computer trims fuel accordingly to bottle pressure!! You can datalog everything imaginable!!

10 Low side driver outputs - You can configure these to do whatever you can imagine. Also these will all support 4+ amps each!!

Built in wideband! - The system has dual internal HIGH resolution wideband controllers. It will support either NTK or Bosche type sensors.

True volumetric efficeincy - So things like injector and pressure changes don’t have to be calculated and multiple maps changed, it’s all done in the background by simply entering your injector size and base fuel pressure. Actually knowing the injector size and fuel pressure, this allows us to make instantanious feedback changes to things like fuel pressure not staying constant, without relying on the O2 sensor for delayed information. Changing fuel type is as simple as entering the stoichiametric ratio for the fuel used.

Fault coding – Check engine light will tell you fault codes to help diagnose problems. Actions can be assigned with the fault codes. I.E. low oil pressure triggers a fault code, and activates a low rpm limiter. O2 sensor faults will automatically turn off block learning and closed loop feedback. Also the fault codes will be the same as the original ECU!!!

Misfire detection - No more guessing if you have a misfire. This computer will tell you which cylinder and how often it misfires!! Think about how valuable this will be. You will know instantly when it is time for new plugs.... or a coil pack is going bad....etc!!

20 channel thermocouple capability - Yep..... 20 channel! Put one in every runner..... downpipe..... anywhere you can think of. This is critical in tuning an engine to run exactly the same on every cylinder.

Traction control – multiple comprehensive traction control strategies including defined wheel speed differential between driven and non-driven wheels.

Boost Control Strategies - Will be able to utilize dual solenoids to control pressure to both the top and bottom ports on any wastegate. This will give you VERY accurate control!
Will be able to control boost by speed. Will be able to control boost by time. Therefore if you spin the tires, and the vehicle speed sensor puts the boost map into a zone for higher boost.... the computer will know that it is wrong and hold the boost down until a certain amount of time.
Will control boost based on traction control. Traction control will be based on wheel speed differential!!
This computer will also know what gear you are in by simply entering gear ratios from the service manual, rear end ratio and tire size!!

Fuel pressure compensation - With the simple addition of a fuel pressure sensor, the computer will monitor and compensate for various fuel pressure. Lets say that you have a pump that is tired and your fuel pressure is not rising 1-1 any more. The computer will know and add neccessary fuel. Also if the pressure really gets unstable causing the computer to add too much pulse width, it will trigger a check engine light. It can also be set to initiate fuel cut, turn off the boost control, shut off NOS and lower the rev limiter. These safe guards can be triggered by the fuel pressure alone, by O2 activity or a number of other things!!

Nitrous control: - Up to 4 stages!! Control by speed, time, gear etc.....Just enter the number of jets, jet size and target a/f and it does the rest!! Add a nitrous bottle pressure sensor and it adjusts accordingly to pressure!!
Unlike other ECU's, you can target different a/fs for Nitrous with this unit in closed loop, or open loop, since the computer is based soley on V.E. it doesn't rely on the O2 sensor for hitting the desired a/f ratio. It does this based upon volumetric efficiency and desired equivelency ratio. Therefore there is less work for the O2 to do in closed loop, eliminating the chance for lean spikes typical of running nitrous!!!!

Lean condition safety features - In the case of a lean condition under certain circumstances (IE load, time etc) the computer can be programmed to shut down nitrous, lower boost, initiate fuel cut, initiate a rev limiter for a programmed duration of time until safe conditions return. This can also then be programmed to throw a code and activate the check engine light.

True knock sensing capability with specific knock frequency detection based upon the specific engine being monitored.

Multiple failsafe conditions making it nearly impossible to damage your engine in the case of tuning errors or mechanical malfunctions. I.E. lean, and knock conditions can be used to turn off nitrous, shut down boost etc….

O.E.M. manufactured ECU’s – The ECU’s are built by an O.E. manufacturer, so all ecu are 100% tested for vibration, temperature, loading etc… BEFORE you install them into your vehicle. Pro EFI ECU’s are as reliable as the factory units you take out. No more being stranded on the side of the road, or waiting weeks or months to get and issue repaired with the confidence of rolling the dice.

Drive by wire capability!

Make no mistake, the ProEFI computers are indeed next generation and are designed to bring O.E. quality and capability to the aftermarket, while allowing complete customization of the vehicles capabilities.

I cant tell you how excited that I am about this new computer...... It will revolutionize the aftermarket industry!
I am only telling you about 10% of its features...... The other 90% would blow your mind!!

Expect pricing to be under $2500 with all sensors.

Jason Siebels (formally from AEM is developing this unit)

Q & A:

Will there be plug and play available for Toyota v8's, if not, will there be a flying lead to have a harness made for a race box of sorts?
Flying lead harness will be available. we will be looking at doing the V8 toyota but no promises as to timeframe.

Connection type?
USB connection for logging and tuning.

How many inputs and outputs that are general outputs?
32 Analog inputs!!! - There are 32 analog inputs which will be preconfigured for anything you want to do... I.E. plug in a fuel pressure sensor and it automatically activates the trims associated with it. Put a Nitrous pressure sensor on your car and the computer trims fuel accordingly to bottle pressure!! You can datalog everything imaginable!!
10 Low side driver outputs - You can configure these to do whatever you can imagine. Also these will all support 4+ amps each!!

Can extra outputs run extra injectors (if you need more then 12) ?
You only have 12 dedicated inj outputs but because they are peak and hold, you can run more than one inj per output as long as you watch resistance.

Can the unused ignition/injector outputs be configured to run something else?
All I/O is configurable

Any idea what the sample rate per second is on the extra inputs?
5 milliseconds

How much is involved in re-pinning, will proefi provide extra pins?
The computers will come with all the pins that you need!

Can you give more details about the traction control and how it compares to a race logic box?
Soon I will have more details.. but it will work using either rate of accel of engine per gear OR wheel speed differential.

Will it use smart or dumb coils? Is there a built in ignition amplifier?
You will need an ignitor of some sort.

Will an injector driver still be needed to drive 160lb injectors like the aem needed the peak hold driver to idle correctly?
This computer is peak hold for all inj outputs so it will run 1600s no problem!

What about idle control, How is this ecu setup for that? What type of provisions/how will the ecu address that to have an oem like idle in all types of weather, as well as catching the idle smoothly upon decel?
This computer learning ability is just not for fuel and timing. It will learn all necessary idle functions. The processor speed on these computers is light years ahead of anything that you are used to. One of the problems with current stand alones is for example.... if you set up a table that is for idle motor percentage vs. idle speed.... OK so at 65% idle motor you may get 1500 rpm. OK great..... but the problem is that is at full warm temps. When the car is cold.... you may only see 1000 RPM. This new computer will learn all of this just like a factory ECU.... BECAUSE IT IS A FACTORY ECU!!! Remember... most standalones today are as advanced as factory ECUs were in the 1980s. Both strategy-wise and speed. This new computer will advance the standalone market by 25 years in technology!

What about a gauge type display for monitoring everything?
Yes... there will be a gauge type display for monitoring everything...... and shortly down the road something groundbreaking in terms of monitoring your data.

Who is the OE manufacturer?
Motorola

This computer has a very high speed adaptive learning function. It monitors knock using a complex fliter strategy. It will learn the correct timing patterns for your vehicle and octane very quickly without ever harming your engine. Of course you cant do something stupid like run 40 psi on pump gas but you know what I mean. You can add an toggle switch on the dash to select racegas map / pump gas map.

With a base map the computer will learn the rest! I still highly suggest that every car is dynoed to check a/f and boost brought up slowly after making sure that everything is ok, but unless you have a wild and crazy setup, not all cars are going to have to have a professional tuner 'tune' your car.

This computer has ran a car that posted 1011 RWHP 30 psi .024" plug gap with the stock ignitor.

All info copied pasted from and more here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454129

I had gone through the whole thread, picked out and sorted all the important stuff for people that can not view it and just to give a heads up into what’s coming out.
I also just wanted to wait until most of the info/questions were answered before posting this so it could be comprehensive.

I am quite exited about it as I was going to go for an AEM, Motec or Autronic but this looks awesome for the price!

With all the ins and outs that adds up to a 90+ pin connector ???
And all this for $2500 ?

Just how many functions can be used at the same time, and what can't be used if you enable a specific function ?

Until we can look at the software and see what specific functions can be programed I would not be too enthusiastic.

Hello,

I m from germany and new in this forum, my english is not good but I hope her understand me.

I will the pro efi for my audi turbo cars is this management available?
I have many knowledge from Bosch Motronic ecu and I can all functions from this.
The disadvantage from the OEM Bosch Motronic is that have no functions for Track Control, anti Lagg, differenc pressure for 1 to 6 gear and other.
Please say me is this motormanagement available or who is dealer or producer from this parts?

best regards

This same ECU is packaged/integrated by several entities.

For example the top pic below is the ProEFI ECU, and the one below it is a (very low res) pic of the 128 pin MPC565 from Mototron. I don't see any difference?

Not to take anything away from the ProEFI guys; just the project of mapping a new ECU and getting the configurations setup is a massive undertaking. If they had to start with a clean sheet of paper, it probably never would have happened.

Hello,

@cyberdiamond
what you mean thats no really for most cars?

i have no problem with the wire tree I have complette Infos for my audi Turbo cars i have DAMOS FILE thats is the really software from BOSCH with this is a programm no problem .
The important is thats the pro efi can this functions that you have say on your posting

The Bosch Motronic is a very good managemant but I will more functions for 1/4 Mile Race and normaly Race.

Please say me the infos that you have, from the pro efi, I have see in supra forum thats most cars drive with this ecu, or is this all in 50% work?

Thanks
best regards

I meant Pro EFI is not ready (ie not released) for most types of cars yet.
They do have the Supra up and running with it.

The hardware (physical ecu box) can be made to work with any car but without some software it won't work.

I assume that Mototron also have software but I do not know if Mototron's software has all those same functions.
If you find out please let us know.

Hello,

Mototron to deliver only the hardware, the software must you make self for the special use.

I have contact some producer from ecu, and the best ratio from price and performance is Haltech

Have anybody experience with the Haltech E11v2?

thanks

If you want the ProEFI try contacting the guys below.
I just thought of it as most people probably could not see this due to needing to sign up for supraforums.com

Larry
Sound Performance
www.sound-performance.com
Email Address: [email protected]
Phone # 630 893 5002
Cell # 630 205 6690

AIM XXSUPRAXX is the best way to get a hold of me!!

OR

John Reed
RRev Motorsports
www.rrevmotorsports.com
[email protected]

RRev Motorsports will handle most western US clients and international (especially those needing tuning support/installation on site).
Package Price: $2750
Includes:
Pro EFI ECU
Adapter Harness
MAP Sensor (3.5,5 or 7bar)
AIT Sensor
Wideband O2 sensor

Optional: ProEFI CAN gauge $299

Hello,

yes I have contact to Larry from the supra forum, he say he request 2 month at the software works , he have this sayd for 3 or 4 days and in October 2007 again.

I wait for this at september 07 and cames not out of his trousers:chinese:

My project is waiting for the ecu, in march are the first drag racing appointment.

I have order the Haltech E11v2 and his race Dash cockpit with prssure sensor 5bar (thats enough) i give a statement when the car is running.

thanks

I've traded up to the ProEFI from the AEM EMS. It's a very solid and flexible piece of hardware as it is normally intended for industrial applications. From Mototron's website:
The 128-pin module was jointly tooled with Woodward Governor Company to serve the industrial engine market. The device is designed for the relatively harsh environment of large fork lifts, cranes, power generation, etc. Additionally, we designed it for Mercury Racing for boat racing applications. As such, the environmental testing that we do includes submersion in salt water, high vibration, -40 to 105C ambient, reverse battery, load dump, etc. Also, the EMI specifications are typical of automotive and heavy duty vehicle devices. The module is built by Continental using their quality processes on the same line that modules for Cummins Engine Co. are built.

It will function submerged in water (Motec hundred series can do this as well)

The software is what usually makes or breaks standalone computers for consumers. The latest version of consumer software is pretty good, it is work in progress I guess. It already allows access to almost all the settings and maps in order to tune yourself. As time goes on I assume that more features will be added to the consumer software. You do need a canbus to usb adapter for this unit (like motec) to tune on your own.

Mototron essentially gives one the ability to create customizable engine control platform using their MotorHawk rapid prototyping suite. Everything can be simulated virtually during the development process in conjunction with tools like Matlab. This is very powerful hardware and in capable hands can do many cools things. Check out their wiki.

Max are you running now? Let's hear about it.

Not yet John,
I need to add more wires for the COP and terminate the engine harness with new pins. My current work schedule is not allowing much free time for such fun activities. I will be sure to keep everyone updated.

I was sorely tempted to keep my COP waste spark wiring in the engine bay to keep things simple at , but I think I'll go ahead and bring it all through the firewall and do the waste spark paralleling on the ECU end.

I'm sure it's not much fun making the wiring harness mods now, is it?

John,

I don't know about you but I think it's kind of fun, for me it is more more enjoyable then scrubbing the sealant off toyota oils pans or changing differential fluid.

I agree, pairing at the ecu is much cleaner and easier to troubleshoot if need be. Only for coil4 output you will not be able to have dedicated pins for both COP's.
When you join or splice wires do you solder, crimp or crimp and solder? I'm curious because there isn't a single solder joint in any harness for the entire car. Champ / IRL racing teams solder everything. Do know about industrial application practices?